Can I hear from all 45 and under riders? Why did you pick the CB1100?

trickyasafox_imp said:
i'm 30, and just about to pick up a cb1100- probably a 2013 due to cost. I cut my teeth on a 1978 GS1000 that was first bike, and was not running well at all when I got it. Bought the manual and went through it tail to headlight and got it running right. Along the way I decided that late 70s bikes were the best aesthetic bikes I'd ever seen. Now that I have a decent job, I want that same look but with some more modern comforts like better suspension / braking, and EFI. CB1100 seems to be the only real choice in town
exactly, I 34 years old
 
I'm 31, I grew up with my dads '73 CB 350 in the garage. He used to let me sit on it, eventually driving it and riding with him. It eventually went is disrepair and we sold it for $150.
This new CB1100 meets my single requirement of fuel injection for all new motorized things i buy and brings back that feeling with my dad.
df94e4ee864c45ea832962cb89c9d910.jpg


Parked next to the Z06. My problem is deciding which one to take on sunny days. #firstworldproblems.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Great challenge to have. Love those old CB350s


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Great challenge to have. Love those old CB350s


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
lola_imp said:
I am 38 now, was influenced by my dad who had two 73 cb750'S and a 75 GL1000. that said Ive always seen photos of him on those bikes with my mom on board... always loved the look of the old hondas and naked bikes in general up to this day. Sportbikes are not my cup of tea really... Now my mom loves it when i take her out for a spin on the cb1100 and she always tells me how she wished that my dad was still around.

Mom & dad on the very left of the picture



:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
 
35 years old here.

I had been riding my dad's old '86 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 for the last couple years. Nice, comfortable bike. 13,000 ticks on the odometer, only downed once (by me) and rebuilt back to factory save for the Vance and Hines pipes. I started looking at newer Kawasakis (the 900 classic and the new 650 S) and at the same time looking at 1970s bikes for a cafe/brat project. While walking around a local multi-manufaturer dealership, I spotted a very clean, older looking bike in the corner. Upon learning it was in fact a 2014, not a 1970's when I got closer, I was hooked. It was the best of both world's in my eyes. The classic styling I was craving, with the reliability and convenience of a modern machine. I'm definitely happy so far.
 
I'm 43. Grew up with Dad and his 'wings and other Yamahas and Hondas. I've been riding since I was really young. My uncle road Harley. I've owned many of both (details in my intro post for new members) but once I bought a harley in 1994, I rode those for years. Been a few years w/o a bike. Randomly walked in the local Honda shop....did not even know the CB1100 was back, yea, I was that out of it!!!!

After a week of internet searches (including this forum before I joined) and learning what I could about it, I bought a new 2013 model. LOVE the fact its air cooled, 4 cylinder, Honda, and very reminiscent of several late 70's Honda's Dad had back in the day. I've read where folks passed because of the valve lash check....my first Honda (1985 CR350 dirt bike with 4 valve RFVC) needed it done often....no big deal.

Reading about the design team for the CB1100 (found on this forum) excited me even more. It's more than just to see the bike...but to relive the design and challenges makes me feel even more connected to it....and I don't even pick my bike up until SATURDAY!
 
AGE 28

My Reasons:

1. Honda Reliability

2. The fact that I can convert it to a 1100cc caferacer.

3. Insurance is affordable on this bike.

4. Timeless looks.

5. Gas mileage and versatility.

6. Standard seating position.

I test road a Harley Davidson 883 and a 48, both rode pretty good, but the Honda was in a whole different league.
 
Thread starter
ish_imp said:
AGE 28

My Reasons:

1. Honda Reliability

2. The fact that I can convert it to a 1100cc caferacer.

3. Insurance is affordable on this bike.

4. Timeless looks.

5. Gas mileage and versatility.

6. Standard seating position.

I test road a Harley Davidson 883 and a 48, both rode pretty good, but the Honda was in a whole different league.
Nice. That's pretty close to my reasoning.
 
40 years old. I spent the last few years on a Shadow, and realized that it had it's limitations, both in power and ergonomics. Was seriously considering a Bonneville until I saw that the CB11 was marked down to $7500 ($8500 out the door with tax, title, dealer prep).
At that price it was a no-brainer for me, more bike for the same money.
 
Thread starter
doubleg_imp said:
40 years old. I spent the last few years on a Shadow, and realized that it had it's limitations, both in power and ergonomics. Was seriously considering a Bonneville until I saw that the CB11 was marked down to $7500 ($8500 out the door with tax, title, dealer prep).
At that price it was a no-brainer for me, more bike for the same money.
Yah,

I had an 05' Shadow Sabre. Really liked that bike, but the CB is my favorite bike ever.
 
walrusz06_imp said:
I'm 31, I grew up with my dads '73 CB 350 in the garage. He used to let me sit on it, eventually driving it and riding with him. It eventually went is disrepair and we sold it for $150.
This new CB1100 meets my single requirement of fuel injection for all new motorized things i buy and brings back that feeling with my dad.
df94e4ee864c45ea832962cb89c9d910.jpg


Parked next to the Z06. My problem is deciding which one to take on sunny days. #firstworldproblems.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On sunny days there is only one choice!
 
I'm 22 will be 23 next month. I Just fell in love with it a couple years ago when it was released. I really like retro bikes, and I was looking at triumph classic range but I grew up riding Honda dirt bikes and four-wheelers so the Honda just made sense. Also a big decision was the practical side. I was riding a Suzuki cruiser, but because I live in the country with a lot of large twistys I wanted something I felt had more control of but could also do highways with my wife.
 
I just turned 30 this year and love my CB. I commute on it daily and have to say its one of the best bikes I have owned. I also had a Bonnie so I guess I just have a thing for retro styled bikes lol. I traded my Yamaha FZ8 in on this bike and while I sometimes miss the power, the CB1100 just looks so much better! That and the insurance is alot cheaper.
 
HELLO, I AM 20 YEARS OLD, I JUST BARLEY BOUGHT MY 2013 CB1100.. THE REASON I PICKED THIS BIKE OUT OF SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM. I LOVE THE CLASSIC LOOK. I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED OLD SCHOOL THINGS. MY DREAM CAR IS A 1970 CHEVY NOVA. ANYWAY. THIS BIKE IS AMAZING PIECE OF ART. I FELL IN LOVE WITH HER THE SECOND I SAT ON HER. I WOULD NOT TRADE HER FOR ANOTOHER BIKE....
 
I'm 24 and I bought the CB because of its beauty and understated appearance, to me its the perfect bike visually but also not in your face like a panigale or something. The first time I drove a CB was a 750 on the west coast, early 70s model, I had drove out that way on my ninja 650 and when my buddy let me ride the CB I had more fun than I'd ever had on a bike, it all made sense to me then. I had to get one, there was no way around it, the only pickle now is trying to sell my ninja in a flooded market - guess I'm hanging on to both for now.
 
38 here and this bike is so classic. Proportions are perfect--it won't go out of style. It's not busy or overwrought. It's air-cooled and has metal fenders. It's honest. Simplicity!
 
42 and will be 43 in july. Picked up my new 2013 CB1100 yesterday. The last couple of years, everytime I walked past one at a dealership I had to sit on it. I grew up with my oldest brother coming over with whatever cb he had put together at the time. I pulled up in his driveway last night and he freaked out.

I had always had low seat, forward control cruisers. I had been moving more towards sport tourers until I ran into one of these yesterday and said "Wait! THAT'S what I want."
 
Back
Top