Call me crazy!

Tripod_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Well, I like my new CB1100 so much, I bought another one! So, now I have two in the stable. My first one was new, but this is a used one I found about 2 hours from me. Has 499 miles on the clock. My plan, which is subject to change at any time, is to keep the first one bone stock and do some changes to the used one. Maybe black tank, sides covers, Staintune, etc.

I have owned at least 50 bikes in the last 40 years and this is the first time I have owned two of the exact same bike, year, etc.! High praise for the CB1100, indeed!

The guy (kid) I bought it off of was a very nice young man, but just wasn't "thrilled" with the CB1100. He wants more of a sporty bike, which I totally understand.

Chris
 
Tripod_imp said:
Well, I like my new CB1100 so much, I bought another one! So, now I have two in the stable. My first one was new, but this is a used one I found about 2 hours from me. Has 499 miles on the clock. My plan, which is subject to change at any time, is to keep the first one bone stock and do some changes to the used one. Maybe black tank, sides covers, Staintune, etc.

I have owned at least 50 bikes in the last 40 years and this is the first time I have owned two of the exact same bike, year, etc.! High praise for the CB1100, indeed!

The guy (kid) I bought it off of was a very nice young man, but just wasn't "thrilled" with the CB1100. He wants more of a sporty bike, which I totally understand.

Chris
Well, If you're crazy you have lots of company. I don't currently own any doubles but I have in the past. Not absolutely identical but real close. I've always told the wife "it followed me home" and strangely enough she's seemed to accept that. I've got a bunch of bikes and while they are all different I tend to make them similar. Single seats and small fairings. Some day I'll grow up (maybe)??
 
Ya lucky bastid! if I had 2 I'd turn one into a cafe'. But I wont' modify my only one lol

I bought an 04 FZ1, 2 years later I sold it to my son who wanted it real badly. I ended up missing it so bad, I went out and found a used one same color 3 years older, same mileage.

Bought my wife an 09 Yamaha Majesty scooter. I rode it quite a bit running errands. Like it so much I went out and found a used low mileage 06 and bought it for myself.

Had 3 650 Yamahas twins over the years, a 73, a 79 and an 81.
 
Not crazy at all bro. I moderate a Forum for another "retro vehicle", the FordGTforum.com. The modern Ford GT was made for just 2 years (2005 & 2006) and it's a copy of the 1966 Ford GT's that raced at Le Mans. The cars cost over $200,000.00 and they came in 8 different colors. 3 of our members own ALL 8 colors and another good friend of mine owns 12 Ford GT's. I am thinking about buying a 2nd CB1100 as well. Cheers.

Chip
 
They are damn good looking and working stock. But some folks have made some very handsome custom jobs so having two certainly gives you the luxury to go nutz with one of them.
 
I would love to do exactly what you plan Tripod! I think about it at times but the likelihood is pretty low right now.
 
Thread starter
Randy_S_imp said:
I would love to do exactly what you plan Tripod! I think about it at times but the likelihood is pretty low right now.
Well, I know that I am fortunate to be able to have two of these bikes. I don't take it for granted!
 
Back
Top