California Super Bike School

Offroad

Road warrior
Thread starter
Got one coming within 100 miles of me (Bowling Green, KY) and wondering if anyone has had any experience with it.
Did you use your own bike or theirs?
What level did you start at?
Did you use their gear or yours?
Did anyone crash at the training?
What did they teach you?
Trail Braking?
 
A few years back I did this school at Laguna Seca, here are my answers:
Used my bike
One
Used their gear
Yes, several
Everything, start with basics and move up (check their website for curriculum)
Eventually

Overall, very positive experience if you pay attention and do drills as instructed. Made me a better rider taught in a safe environment.
 
ride4now went to one a couple of years ago. His write up is included in this thread.
 
And a good one. :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
I did get the Helite Turtle 2 vest.....they don't even have the "2" listed on their web site, you could find them on Revzilla but they were out of stock.

Heltite said they can't have any because we haven't shipped them any yet. When I asked why, they said they won't be release until June. I said well I'll just wait until June, then he told me he had a "2" and could ship it the next day!

So I got it....main difference I saw the "2" had a softer neck and more "high-viz" material.

d42677259dd72a384ab5e2a57d2179c3.jpg


db427a167fb690bbfb6d0f10a121cbab.jpg

The only day I could go was full, so I went anyway to see if I could be a walk on. It was a beautiful day and they said everyone showed up....I really didn't see how they could tell if they had one more bike on the track but I guess they have their rules.

It was very cool. They bring 2 semi trailers. One for bikes and the other seemed to just be to feed the crew and riders.

There were serious riders their with their own bikes and then the S1000rr you could rent. All I saw were sport bikes except for one RT1200 and one K1600 GTL.

While I waited, I was surprised that the group I would be riding in didn't get on the track until 10:30 after being called into the classroom at 8:00.

I took several pictures:

Here is the man him self, runs the show and produce the "twisted throttle" videos...Keith Code (on the right in shorts)....I thought about asking for a picture but he seemed busy!

49a30f22deb075684bde7319453b71d5.jpg


Cool trailer:

3660957d07653dae7d69725b6684eda2.jpg


I don't know what I expected but I was surprised to find they ran or offered slicks!

6e6c30c7173204ccf4bf6034716f2d54.jpg


They probably had 20-30 S1100RR's

1005b7a6ecee420d54aadc207db01e7f.jpg


The tire changers were busy:

a2608b4cfde0ebdeb7c64989ae4a22b5.jpg


Most ran semi slicks:

b61d1af75bcfea04f46f4478370b4865.jpg


The rules:

9d559e2e0536dc87504e70e66d76a869.jpg


All but 2 either had their own full race leather or rented them:

037e3eb3c5f72307423326e84e10b349.jpg


Some running slicks were serious about racing and "pre-heated" their tires to 180 degrees:

0e4680cfc7dc4fb0c2f459bac97020fa.jpg


f46a917eb4bb851a22089ceed97d42f5.jpg


8ebff0be9dc2cafa365586ff8e430b08.jpg


This is a very nice track located on Bowling Green, KY...close to the corvette factory:

cac20da6ba95f194603fb6e08fdc6301.jpg


Just funny:

b68a1c30682f27ac75a38a40b5fe2487.jpg


I had to entertain myself some how until they started on the track:

abab09404ffe496a5c5d91c6d08d1a52.jpg

This is the 3rd group I would have been in that first got on the track at 10:30...note the two non sport bikes in the back...could've been me ;-(

f86a49d494eb08d55eb641fc8e008e4d.jpg
 
Back
Top