Cafe Racer TV

Sad to say Speed channel is no more, Fox bought and destroyed it.
The Volocity channel seems to be taking over for car and bike shows.
They are the ones that have Cafe Racer now and the Isle of Mann TT coverage also.
Cafe Racer is an ok show, mostly twins though.
 
Too much add time and relatively little content but probably better then most of the other stuff on TV. Way to watch of course is to record and jump over the commercials.
 
We have Direct TV and on which channel is Velocty,I hate to have lost Speed Channel and the Super Bike Races.Fox is very good in destroying our programs!
 
I think Velocity is 281 on Direct TV. Its not in my package. The new Cafe Racer starts tonight at 10 pm.
 
I have a couple café racers and I like to watch it for new ideas..........it does get kinda slow sometimes but it beats a lot of other junk on the boob tube.
 
I think Cafe Racer bikes are sexy. I couldn't ride one for more then ten minutes tops but like sex maybe that's all I'd need. :clap:
 
Love Cafe Racer. Just watched the season opener on Velocity TV. Those Cafes really stir my passion for motorcycling. Love my CB but I do miss my Bonneville.
 
Hi guys,thanks for alerting me to the Velocity channel,I never heard of it but have it on my Direct tv package (thanks Ferret !!!)
 
Also thank goodness you can still watch MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3. It's the end of the season but it's been another exciting year and the coverage has been excellent on Fox Sports channel since Speed went away. If I had a better DVR, I would have saved a bunch of races.
 
Love watching MotoGP. Never miss a race. Havent since the late 60s. Cant wait until Sunday morning.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Love watching MotoGP. Never miss a race. Havent since the late 60s. Cant wait until Sunday morning.
Marquez is great to watch, hanging off the bike like he does.
Did you see the stationary bike they had leaned over at 63 degrees, amazing how the tires stick so good.

+1 for Fox about that. I watch the UFC coverage too and a little Nascar. I still miss the old Speed Vision and "Two Wheel Tuesdays"
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Love watching MotoGP. Never miss a race. Havent since the late 60s. Cant wait until Sunday morning.
Marquez is great to watch, hanging off the bike like he does.
Did you see the stationary bike they had leaned over at 63 degrees, amazing how the tires stick so good.

+1 for Fox about that. I watch the UFC coverage too and a little Nascar. I still miss the old Speed Vision and "Two Wheel Tuesdays"
Lorenzo leans even farther than Marc - 65 degrees!

Even though Moto3 is a lot slower and with skinny tires can't lean like the big boys, they consistently put on a good show. Love all 3 classes.

It's Marquez to lose in the season finale Valencia. But Lorenzo still has a chance. It's going to be exciting but also a long wait until the 2014 opener in April.

DVR is set to record Cafe Racer.
 
A most welcome improvement over the old format! Less Mike Seate and more time actually showing what goes into creating a Café bike. Actually finishing the projects begun in one episode is also a big plus. I don't know if the magazine has improved. I subscribed for two years and dropped it because it read like it was written by a 10 year old. Very corny and short on technical information. I may pick up a current copy to see if it now matches the show for quality.
 
I watched the new episode of Cafe Racer last night. Good show. I caught repeats of previous shows a couple months ago, but didn't sit through entire shows like I did last night.

The ideas that shows like this plant in my head as a CB1100 owner both excite, and terrify me at the same time. Image taking about your beloved CB then putting it back together sans a few pounds… Luckily, I can only dream of such mods. I do not possess the skills to undertake such a task. I've always wondered about when a bike builder makes a completely unique bike from a donor bike, how does one go about registering and insuring such a beast?

RE: MotoGP
I miss watching MotoGP in Japan where they had uninterrupted coverage during the race. Just Gavin and Nick for the entire race with the Japanese commentators only coming on between races. There were many days I had to wake up at 2, 3, or 4am to watch a race, but it was always worth it. Velocity Channels coverage just annoys me. So many commercials and the annoying "filler" announcer trying to splice the everything back together. Sure, most of the MotoGP races are live, but seeing Moto2 and Moto3 hours or days after the actual even has me avoiding motorcycle websites until I've watched the races myself.

I have yet to find where I can watch AMA Superbike/SuperSport racing on AT&T U-Verse. I probably have to dump more money that.
 
Back
Top