Cafe Racer mag

LouA_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Cafe Racer magazine,Dec/Jan2016, has a comparison of an '83 cb1100F & a '13 model of our bike. Both are somewhat modified but make for good reading. A little expensive at $7 but if you are into cafe bikes it's the only mag out there. lots of good stuff in this issue too.....LouA
 
I need to pick up a copy for my collection of CB1100 periodicals.
 
I recieved a free copy of Cafe Racer at Ky Kickdown last Sept., there is a write up in the Feburary/March 2015, Issue #37 about finding 50 MPH in missing speed on the CB1100, they wrote about reflashing the ECU with Yoshimura all in one pipes and putting it on the dyno to get it up to 162 MPH, they also mentioned sending out the ECU in issue #35....
 
Top speed on a dyno is very misleading as the bike is not pushing any air.

I picked up the magazine this afternoon. They have modified the two bikes so much that any meaningful comparison is moot. The mag is on my fecal roster since they started butchering perfectly good collectable classic bikes into "cafe" bikes. Whatever happened to the practice of turning junkers into nice running cafe bikes? heavy sigh
 
Rboe_imp said:
Top speed on a dyno is very misleading as the bike is not pushing any air.

I picked up the magazine this afternoon. They have modified the two bikes so much that any meaningful comparison is moot. The mag is on my fecal roster since they started butchering perfectly good collectable classic bikes into "cafe" bikes. Whatever happened to the practice of turning junkers into nice running cafe bikes? heavy sigh
+1 Top end performance is all about having the excess horsepower to overcome aerodynamic drag. Turning the rear wheel at impressive speeds is more a matter of gearing than power.
 
What can I say, it is in writing and it is in a magazine with color pictures and it cost seven dollars and, and well that part was free for me and, and just like the internet it has to be true an I also imagined myself going that fast and let me tell you.....it scared the crap outta me....and and and.....and the article never once mentioned steep hills and airplanes......and
 
The ferret_imp said:
I need to pick up a copy for my collection of CB1100 periodicals.
Hi Ferret, sounds like you may have the most extensive collection of cb1100 articles/periodicals. Have you listed them on the forum? I did a search and didn't find a running list. Would love to start my own collection.
 
Elipten_imp said:
I hear if you drop it out of a plane it might hit that speed.


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
Hard to say. Terminal velocity for the bike may not be that high for a bike with such a marginal aerodynamic profile.

Then again, if you rode it up the ramp of something like a C-130, you could go twice that fast by leaving it in the plane :D
 
A little plastic and it could be streamlined and you could take a driving leap out the back of a C5A to have an extra long acceleration.

Here in west Texas with legal speed limits of 85mph I find I tire at that speed without a fairing in 15-20 minutes but then I am typical CB owner; fat, old, greying, well off white man but I still have my hair. LOL

I am happy to ride it at 65mph, makes for an enjoyable ride.

I test ride some Ducs on the 24th. The power and speed requires more concentration and the ride is enjoyable for short bursts but more demanding for an all day ride.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Why not? I've had mine to 132 after the reflash, but haven't had a chance to top it out since the rest of the mods. Was out with my buddy Randy who was on his Motus a couple weeks ago. He said at one point his speedo showed 142. Of course he had plenty more to go. I didn't have a chance to spool up my Speed View app, so I'm not claiming that til I can prove it :(
 
Ok picked up my copy today. Actually VERY complimentary of our CB1100's. Was a pleasure reading the article.
 
Back
Top