Cable squeak

I'm 64 years old, ignoring tips 3 and 5 are not really an option lol . Sometimes the body has a mind of it's own.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I'm 64 years old, ignoring tips 3 and 5 are not really an option lol . Sometimes the body has a mind of it's own.
You crack me up. I do know what you mean. Maybe a good read of the PAIR valve mod post might help. You know, M20 stainless socket head bolts.

Cheers
 
The ferret_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I must be denser than morning fog on the BRP .. I'm as sharp as a tack pounded into concrete.. I'm seeing as well as a blind owl at noon....I obviously don't see what you must be seeing. :dodgy:
OK, I'll put you out of your misery. First post by Dan, no introduction. Simple as that. So therefore, knowing that you are hot on that:

Quote:PS. Standby for a post from the forum moderator. Over to you ferret .
Cheers, now you can relax by sticking pins in the Pterodactyl doll.
OK, I'll put you out of your misery. First post by Dan, no introduction. Simple as that. So therefore, knowing that you are hot on that:

Quote:PS. Standby for a post from the forum moderator. Over to you ferret .
Cheers, now you can relax by sticking pins in the Pterodactyl doll.

Lol that was it? No intro? Dang I re-read that post 5 or 6 times looking for an error, a clue that it was a hoax, I looked up his personal info, read his name forward and backwards, tried different combos of the numbers in his name lol , I gave up.

Been a bad 2 days.. Computer monitor went out, hot water heater quit,found out I'm now too fat for my wedding/ funeral suit which I have to wear to a big wingding for my wife's company tomorrow night..very uppity uppity with board of directors and executives ( hint..I am not the BOD/ directors type .. I fit in with m/ c people.) Will probably be 15 pieces of silverware at my place setting when all I need is a knife, fork and a spoon). Probably that fancy tiny food too.. You know 1 square inch of meat, 3 green beans and a shaving of carrot drizzled with some sauce when all I want is a big juicy burger and fries.

Arrgghh

Rant over

Thanks for finally letting me out of the dark Ptero..appreciate it lol
OK, I'll put you out of your misery. First post by Dan, no introduction. Simple as that. So therefore, knowing that you are hot on that:

Quote:PS. Standby for a post from the forum moderator. Over to you ferret .
Cheers, now you can relax by sticking pins in the Pterodactyl doll.

Lol that was it? No intro? Dang I re-read that post 5 or 6 times looking for an error, a clue that it was a hoax, I looked up his personal info, read his name forward and backwards, tried different combos of the numbers in his name lol , I gave up.

Been a bad 2 days.. Computer monitor went out, hot water heater quit,found out I'm now too fat for my wedding/ funeral suit which I have to wear to a big wingding for my wife's company tomorrow night..very uppity uppity with board of directors and executives ( hint..I am not the BOD/ directors type .. I fit in with m/ c people.) Will probably be 15 pieces of silverware at my place setting when all I need is a knife, fork and a spoon). Probably that fancy tiny food too.. You know 1 square inch of meat, 3 green beans and a shaving of carrot drizzled with some sauce when all I want is a big juicy burger and fries.

Arrgghh

Rant over
I think it's probably best you cry off sick or something. I just can't bear the thought of you sitting there in your undersized tight suit, grumbling as the waiter brings you a small cube of wind-dried venison accompanied by wild field mushrooms and organic legumes, drizzled in 'jus'.
 
Tortuga_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I must be denser than morning fog on the BRP .. I'm as sharp as a tack pounded into concrete.. I'm seeing as well as a blind owl at noon....I obviously don't see what you must be seeing. :dodgy:
OK, I'll put you out of your misery. First post by Dan, no introduction. Simple as that. So therefore, knowing that you are hot on that:

Quote:PS. Standby for a post from the forum moderator. Over to you ferret .
Cheers, now you can relax by sticking pins in the Pterodactyl doll.
OK, I'll put you out of your misery. First post by Dan, no introduction. Simple as that. So therefore, knowing that you are hot on that:

Quote:PS. Standby for a post from the forum moderator. Over to you ferret .
Cheers, now you can relax by sticking pins in the Pterodactyl doll.

Lol that was it? No intro? Dang I re-read that post 5 or 6 times looking for an error, a clue that it was a hoax, I looked up his personal info, read his name forward and backwards, tried different combos of the numbers in his name lol , I gave up.

Been a bad 2 days.. Computer monitor went out, hot water heater quit,found out I'm now too fat for my wedding/ funeral suit which I have to wear to a big wingding for my wife's company tomorrow night..very uppity uppity with board of directors and executives ( hint..I am not the BOD/ directors type .. I fit in with m/ c people.) Will probably be 15 pieces of silverware at my place setting when all I need is a knife, fork and a spoon). Probably that fancy tiny food too.. You know 1 square inch of meat, 3 green beans and a shaving of carrot drizzled with some sauce when all I want is a big juicy burger and fries.

Arrgghh

Rant over

Thanks for finally letting me out of the dark Ptero..appreciate it lol
OK, I'll put you out of your misery. First post by Dan, no introduction. Simple as that. So therefore, knowing that you are hot on that:

Quote:PS. Standby for a post from the forum moderator. Over to you ferret .
Cheers, now you can relax by sticking pins in the Pterodactyl doll.

Lol that was it? No intro? Dang I re-read that post 5 or 6 times looking for an error, a clue that it was a hoax, I looked up his personal info, read his name forward and backwards, tried different combos of the numbers in his name lol , I gave up.

Been a bad 2 days.. Computer monitor went out, hot water heater quit,found out I'm now too fat for my wedding/ funeral suit which I have to wear to a big wingding for my wife's company tomorrow night..very uppity uppity with board of directors and executives ( hint..I am not the BOD/ directors type .. I fit in with m/ c people.) Will probably be 15 pieces of silverware at my place setting when all I need is a knife, fork and a spoon). Probably that fancy tiny food too.. You know 1 square inch of meat, 3 green beans and a shaving of carrot drizzled with some sauce when all I want is a big juicy burger and fries.

Arrgghh

Rant over
I think it's probably best you cry off sick or something. I just can't bear the thought of you sitting there in your undersized tight suit, grumbling as the waiter brings you a small cube of wind-dried venison accompanied by wild field mushrooms and organic legumes, drizzled in 'jus'.
Strewth! Mate I can see you are a gastronomical guru. Should I start downloading back series of " Come Dine With Me" in order to out you. :)

Cheers
 
Dan17059_imp said:
Hello, I just picked up a 2014 CB1100 in black and love it! I have a question about the cable though...the throttle cables to be exact. At slow speeds and when stopped, turning the handle bars makes a squeak. Its the throttle cables rubbing stuff. They dont look improperly routed, but is there any quick tips for eliminating that squeak? Kinda makes it sound like a piece of junk lol
Solution: don't ride at slow speeds. :D
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Dan17059_imp said:
Hello, I just picked up a 2014 CB1100 in black and love it! I have a question about the cable though...the throttle cables to be exact. At slow speeds and when stopped, turning the handle bars makes a squeak. Its the throttle cables rubbing stuff. They dont look improperly routed, but is there any quick tips for eliminating that squeak? Kinda makes it sound like a piece of junk lol
Solution: don't ride at slow speeds. :D
Solution: don't ride at slow speeds. :D
^^^ :clap:
 
This went from cable squeaks to old farts pretty quick. :rofl: I'm just turning 50 this year and the farts are starting slip out at the most inappropriate times. And to talk about inappropriate, my wife, being a nurse can sit down at the dinner table and start talking about how she had a tough time inserting a catheter in a penis while I'm trying to eat, talk about squeaky cables! :s I've learned not to ask how her day was at the dinner table.

Oh, and back to the OP, I can turn mine and the cables move around from the needed play, but no squeaking.
 
Dan, the throttle cable is a part of a primary control system. Think of tipping into a corner, getting on the gas. Mmmm, I will roll off a little. That's funny, powers still on. Oh dear!!! Or; Whoa that SUV is coming out!, I'll give it some gas. Funny, nothing seems to be happening. Oh dear!!!

Cheers
 
Crikey... We really buggered this poor guys thread..and I started it. Sorry.

Actually I just tried something else. I went out to the garage and lifted my bike from the side stand and held it vertically. I then turned my bars slowly full right to full left, and I could hear some creaking noises. Wouldn't call it a squeak, but just cables and wiring loom being stretch and compressed noises. Nothing to be concerned about, just never heard it before, or heard it and never paid any attention to it.

Wonder if someone else could try the same thing and report. Just stand the bike vertically and turn bars lock to lock. I'm sure it's a perfectly normal noise, and nothing to worry about.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Crikey... We really buggered this poor guys thread..and I started it. Sorry.

Actually I just tried something else. I went out to the garage and lifted my bike from the side stand and held it vertically. I then turned my bars slowly full right to full left, and I could hear some creaking noises. Wouldn't call it a squeak, but just cables and wiring loom being stretch and compressed noises. Nothing to be concerned about, just never heard it before, or heard it and never paid any attention to it.

Wonder if someone else could try the same thing and report. Just stand the bike vertically and turn bars lock to lock. I'm sure it's a perfectly normal noise, and nothing to worry about.
Mate, you may be right and nothing to worry about but did you notice this?
Quote:I DID however see where the one cable develops a slight kink when turned fully right.
Cheers
OK ferret, you did sow the seeds of doubt. I went to the garage and twisted the CB's neck. Some chaffing sound from the electrical harness rubber but when I isolated that, nothing. Not even the slightest squeak, and certainly no "kinking". And no, Mr T, I did not say "kinky".

Cheers
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Tortuga_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I must be denser than morning fog on the BRP .. I'm as sharp as a tack pounded into concrete.. I'm seeing as well as a blind owl at noon....I obviously don't see what you must be seeing. :dodgy:
OK, I'll put you out of your misery. First post by Dan, no introduction. Simple as that. So therefore, knowing that you are hot on that:

Quote:PS. Standby for a post from the forum moderator. Over to you ferret .
Cheers, now you can relax by sticking pins in the Pterodactyl doll.
OK, I'll put you out of your misery. First post by Dan, no introduction. Simple as that. So therefore, knowing that you are hot on that:

Quote:PS. Standby for a post from the forum moderator. Over to you ferret .
Cheers, now you can relax by sticking pins in the Pterodactyl doll.

Lol that was it? No intro? Dang I re-read that post 5 or 6 times looking for an error, a clue that it was a hoax, I looked up his personal info, read his name forward and backwards, tried different combos of the numbers in his name lol , I gave up.

Been a bad 2 days.. Computer monitor went out, hot water heater quit,found out I'm now too fat for my wedding/ funeral suit which I have to wear to a big wingding for my wife's company tomorrow night..very uppity uppity with board of directors and executives ( hint..I am not the BOD/ directors type .. I fit in with m/ c people.) Will probably be 15 pieces of silverware at my place setting when all I need is a knife, fork and a spoon). Probably that fancy tiny food too.. You know 1 square inch of meat, 3 green beans and a shaving of carrot drizzled with some sauce when all I want is a big juicy burger and fries.

Arrgghh

Rant over

Thanks for finally letting me out of the dark Ptero..appreciate it lol
OK, I'll put you out of your misery. First post by Dan, no introduction. Simple as that. So therefore, knowing that you are hot on that:

Quote:PS. Standby for a post from the forum moderator. Over to you ferret .
Cheers, now you can relax by sticking pins in the Pterodactyl doll.

Lol that was it? No intro? Dang I re-read that post 5 or 6 times looking for an error, a clue that it was a hoax, I looked up his personal info, read his name forward and backwards, tried different combos of the numbers in his name lol , I gave up.

Been a bad 2 days.. Computer monitor went out, hot water heater quit,found out I'm now too fat for my wedding/ funeral suit which I have to wear to a big wingding for my wife's company tomorrow night..very uppity uppity with board of directors and executives ( hint..I am not the BOD/ directors type .. I fit in with m/ c people.) Will probably be 15 pieces of silverware at my place setting when all I need is a knife, fork and a spoon). Probably that fancy tiny food too.. You know 1 square inch of meat, 3 green beans and a shaving of carrot drizzled with some sauce when all I want is a big juicy burger and fries.

Arrgghh

Rant over
I think it's probably best you cry off sick or something. I just can't bear the thought of you sitting there in your undersized tight suit, grumbling as the waiter brings you a small cube of wind-dried venison accompanied by wild field mushrooms and organic legumes, drizzled in 'jus'.
Strewth! Mate I can see you are a gastronomical guru. Should I start downloading back series of " Come Dine With Me" in order to out you. :)

Cheers
Strewth! Mate I can see you are a gastronomical guru. Should I start downloading back series of " Come Dine With Me" in order to out you. :)

Cheers

I once set a 'series link' to record Come Dine With Me. It filled a 1TB hard drive within a few months. I had a load of Aussie ones, the original UK ones, and load of celebrity editions too. Had to delete most of them, still love the show, and yes, I do like my food and cooking. I'll post some recipes on the Cookery thread here when I get time :D
 
The ferret_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I must be denser than morning fog on the BRP .. I'm as sharp as a tack pounded into concrete.. I'm seeing as well as a blind owl at noon....I obviously don't see what you must be seeing. :dodgy:
OK, I'll put you out of your misery. First post by Dan, no introduction. Simple as that. So therefore, knowing that you are hot on that:

Quote:PS. Standby for a post from the forum moderator. Over to you ferret .
Cheers, now you can relax by sticking pins in the Pterodactyl doll.
OK, I'll put you out of your misery. First post by Dan, no introduction. Simple as that. So therefore, knowing that you are hot on that:

Quote:PS. Standby for a post from the forum moderator. Over to you ferret .
Cheers, now you can relax by sticking pins in the Pterodactyl doll.

Lol that was it? No intro? Dang I re-read that post 5 or 6 times looking for an error, a clue that it was a hoax, I looked up his personal info, read his name forward and backwards, tried different combos of the numbers in his name lol , I gave up.

Been a bad 2 days.. Computer monitor went out, hot water heater quit,found out I'm now too fat for my wedding/ funeral suit which I have to wear to a big wingding for my wife's company tomorrow night..very uppity uppity with board of directors and executives ( hint..I am not the BOD/ directors type .. I fit in with m/ c people.) Will probably be 15 pieces of silverware at my place setting when all I need is a knife, fork and a spoon). Probably that fancy tiny food too.. You know 1 square inch of meat, 3 green beans and a shaving of carrot drizzled with some sauce when all I want is a big juicy burger and fries.

Arrgghh

Rant over

Thanks for finally letting me out of the dark Ptero..appreciate it lol
OK, I'll put you out of your misery. First post by Dan, no introduction. Simple as that. So therefore, knowing that you are hot on that:

Quote:PS. Standby for a post from the forum moderator. Over to you ferret .
Cheers, now you can relax by sticking pins in the Pterodactyl doll.

Lol that was it? No intro? Dang I re-read that post 5 or 6 times looking for an error, a clue that it was a hoax, I looked up his personal info, read his name forward and backwards, tried different combos of the numbers in his name lol , I gave up.

Been a bad 2 days.. Computer monitor went out, hot water heater quit,found out I'm now too fat for my wedding/ funeral suit which I have to wear to a big wingding for my wife's company tomorrow night..very uppity uppity with board of directors and executives ( hint..I am not the BOD/ directors type .. I fit in with m/ c people.) Will probably be 15 pieces of silverware at my place setting when all I need is a knife, fork and a spoon). Probably that fancy tiny food too.. You know 1 square inch of meat, 3 green beans and a shaving of carrot drizzled with some sauce when all I want is a big juicy burger and fries.

Arrgghh

Rant over

Thanks for finally letting me out of the dark Ptero..appreciate it lol
Dear Dan,

After all this, the Ferret was meant to ask you to go to the new members section, tell us about yourself and post a picture or two of your bike. If you ever come back after all this nonsense, perhaps you could oblige?

Regards

Cormanus

Gingersdaddy_imp said:
This went from cable squeaks to old farts pretty quick. :rofl: I'm just turning 50 this year and the farts are starting slip out at the most inappropriate times. And to talk about inappropriate, my wife, being a nurse can sit down at the dinner table and start talking about how she had a tough time inserting a catheter in a penis while I'm trying to eat, talk about squeaky cables! :s I've learned not to ask how her day was at the dinner table.

Oh, and back to the OP, I can turn mine and the cables move around from the needed play, but no squeaking.
Dear Gingersdaddy,

I was given three bits of advice when I turned 50:

1. Never pass a toilet.
2. Never waste an erection.
3. Never trust a fart.

Happy birthday!

Regards

Cormanus
 
Back
Top