Cable squeak

Dan17059_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Hello, I just picked up a 2014 CB1100 in black and love it! I have a question about the cable though...the throttle cables to be exact. At slow speeds and when stopped, turning the handle bars makes a squeak. Its the throttle cables rubbing stuff. They dont look improperly routed, but is there any quick tips for eliminating that squeak? Kinda makes it sound like a piece of junk lol
 
Dan17059_imp said:
Hello, I just picked up a 2014 CB1100 in black and love it! I have a question about the cable though...the throttle cables to be exact. At slow speeds and when stopped, turning the handle bars makes a squeak. Its the throttle cables rubbing stuff. They dont look improperly routed, but is there any quick tips for eliminating that squeak? Kinda makes it sound like a piece of junk lol
Sounds like the dealers problem not yours. If you bought it privately then find out where the noise is made and either lubricate or increase the clearance as appropriate. It's difficult to diagnose by internet!

Cheers

PS. Standby for a post from the forum moderator. Over to you ferret :).
 
What do I know about cables squeakin?. I'm headed to the garage now to see if mine squeak.

Edit: Nope!
 
Thread starter
Well im not running it back to the dealer just for squeaking cables. I'll let it go for a few hundred miles and see if it quits or maybe spray some silicone on them. I cant imagine mine is the only one to ever squeak like this..
 
Dan17059_imp said:
Well im not running it back to the dealer just for squeaking cables. I'll let it go for a few hundred miles and see if it quits or maybe spray some silicone on them. I cant imagine mine is the only one to ever squeak like this..
Something squeaking, something not right.

Cheers
 
Thread starter
Well, i was just able to take a closer look. I did not see any other way the cables could be routed as they are held in by 2 wire hooks. I DID however see where the one cable develops a slight kink when turned fully right. After seeing this, I probably will take it back and have them look it over and maybe even compare it to the 2013 model they still have..
 
having throttle cables squeak or kinking is a safety issue and get you in a bad situation to you and maybe some one else, you need to fix the promblem NOW.
 
Wayne is right you know.

The ferret_imp said:
What do I know about cables squeakin?. I'm headed to the garage now to see if mine squeak.

Edit: Nope!
C'mon ferret, look again. You can do better than that :)

Cheers
 
I must be denser than morning fog on the BRP .. I'm as sharp as a tack pounded into concrete.. I'm seeing as well as a blind owl at noon....I obviously don't see what you must be seeing. :dodgy:
 
wayne van horn_imp said:
having throttle cables squeak or kinking is a safety issue and get you in a bad situation to you and maybe some one else, you need to fix the promblem NOW.
Wayne is right, this is worse than a problem, it's a promblem and need fixing fasmt!

P.s the 2013 UK versions do not squeak.
 
squeak is spelled right. (but Deans is wrong). Are you guys messing with me?
 
Obligatory "lolwut?" Did we start a spelling bee over a word that was spelled correctly to begin with? When this thread started I read ferret's post repeatedly trying to find anything incorrect!
 
The ferret_imp said:
I must be denser than morning fog on the BRP .. I'm as sharp as a tack pounded into concrete.. I'm seeing as well as a blind owl at noon....I obviously don't see what you must be seeing. :dodgy:
OK, I'll put you out of your misery. First post by Dan, no introduction. Simple as that. So therefore, knowing that you are hot on that:

Quote:PS. Standby for a post from the forum moderator. Over to you ferret .
Cheers, now you can relax by sticking pins in the Pterodactyl doll.
 
I only used "squeeks" [sic] to highlight how trivial my stupid post was. If I had been sincere in making a sincere and useful post, you can be assured that the spelling, grammar, and punctuation would have been absolutely perfekt.
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I must be denser than morning fog on the BRP .. I'm as sharp as a tack pounded into concrete.. I'm seeing as well as a blind owl at noon....I obviously don't see what you must be seeing. :dodgy:
OK, I'll put you out of your misery. First post by Dan, no introduction. Simple as that. So therefore, knowing that you are hot on that:

Quote:PS. Standby for a post from the forum moderator. Over to you ferret .
Cheers, now you can relax by sticking pins in the Pterodactyl doll.
OK, I'll put you out of your misery. First post by Dan, no introduction. Simple as that. So therefore, knowing that you are hot on that:

Quote:PS. Standby for a post from the forum moderator. Over to you ferret .
Cheers, now you can relax by sticking pins in the Pterodactyl doll.

Lol that was it? No intro? Dang I re-read that post 5 or 6 times looking for an error, a clue that it was a hoax, I looked up his personal info, read his name forward and backwards, tried different combos of the numbers in his name lol , I gave up.

Been a bad 2 days.. Computer monitor went out, hot water heater quit,found out I'm now too fat for my wedding/ funeral suit which I have to wear to a big wingding for my wife's company tomorrow night..very uppity uppity with board of directors and executives ( hint..I am not the BOD/ directors type .. I fit in with m/ c people.) Will probably be 15 pieces of silverware at my place setting when all I need is a knife, fork and a spoon). Probably that fancy tiny food too.. You know 1 square inch of meat, 3 green beans and a shaving of carrot drizzled with some sauce when all I want is a big juicy burger and fries.

Arrgghh

Rant over

Thanks for finally letting me out of the dark Ptero..appreciate it lol
 
Mate you do a great job. I was having a quite, and respectful I might add, chuckle at your expense 'cause I know how particular you are.

Key points for dinner:

1. Start from the outside of the array of silverware and work inwards.
2. Swallow any pips or bones, don't spit them out.
3. No farting
4. Cover all bad ass bikie tats, except for the obligatory LOVE/HATE fist ink (black biro is quick and easy).
5. No farting
6. I know you don't do alcohol but a good impersonation of Marlon Brando in Apocolypse Now would impress the board.
7. Forget tip 1 and just stab at everything with your own serrated edge killing knife.
8. Forget tips 3 and 5.

Cheers and enjoy the function.
 
Back
Top