CA winds make pretty views

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
I was riding home from a friend's in Long Beach yesterday evening, and decided to take the coast instead of the freeway for a change of pace. We're in that weird period in Southern California where Santa Ana winds come and go. They can make a mess of things, but they can also create some nice evening views (when there aren't fires). Stopped in Huntington Beach to take in the remarkably clear scenery.

The long row of lights is L.A. Harbor, with Palos Verdes extending upwards behind it. The other photo shows some oil rigs with Catalina in the background.
 
Good stuff. My cousin lives in PV, directly across the road from the ocean. It's a spectacular home as you can imagine and a great place to watch all sorts of 2- and 4-wheeled vehicles make their way along the coast.
 
Thread starter
I love that area. At least twice a year, I need to find time to grab a Busy Bee sandwich on Walker and 24th, ride over to Angel's Gate Park, sit on the bluff, eat my lunch and watch the world from the harbor out to the ocean.
 
Beautiful

I would think the coast would be the preferred way home all the time
 
By looking at these gorgeous pics, your day was gone in 60...minutes

15521937877c55a6c8935fb12f4f0eef.jpg


b738f6c6e6dee10850a63177f53b8166.jpg


:dodgy:
 
Thread starter
Ferret has a good point, it should be the way home every day. And for the next few days, the wife is out of town, so I don't really need to be in a hurry to get home. Plus, we're not supposed to get the bad winds again for another day or two so I took the long way home last night.

Turns out I'm not the only person who likes watching the sun set. There's a whole boat load of 'em.
 
Riding home on PCH is one of the perks of living in SoCal. When I worked in Lake Forest, I would ride one day a week, Wednesdays, and take PCH from Seal Beach Blvd to Jamboree. Coming home was the best part.
 
Thread starter
I like to use PCH as a "chill out" ride very early on Sunday mornings when I can. Before the beach traffic, and before the posers in their Ferraris and Lambos wake up.
 
Busy Bee.....your making me hungry Gone in 60.....when I worked in the Harbor it would take almost your entire lunch hour to drive there, stand in the long line, and get back to work, hoping that there wasn’t a truck breakdown on the Vincent Thomas bridge...(my favorite was turkey and provolone with mayo!)
 
Have to admit we don't have views like that here in middle earth.
 
Thread starter
Ha, Viper, turkey pastrami with provolone for me. Dude, last time I made that trip, there was a rig broken down just past the bridge. Luckily, I spotted the backup before I got there, and got home the long way around.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Ha, Viper, turkey pastrami with provolone for me. Dude, last time I made that trip, there was a rig broken down just past the bridge. Luckily, I spotted the backup before I got there, and got home the long way around.
I’ll have to try that combo next time in Pedro!
 
Thread starter
You're right, Redbirds. Every time Alprider posts some ride pictures, I think "I want to be there right now."
 
Back
Top