Busted

Inhouse Bob

Road warrior
Thread starter
Got stopped for the first time on the bike today. 52 in a 45. By a motorcycle cop, too. Bummer. Oh well. I was guilty.

I've noticed that the CB doesn't attract too much of that sort of attention.

I did have a homeless guy come up at a light and ask the year. I said '13 and he gave me a thumbs up and said "Yeah, I knew it wasn't a real old one by that disk brake." Pretty observant.
 
52 in a 45? That guy must be behind on his quota or something. When riding properly (i.e. looking at the road) it's not like your speedo is staring you in the face.
 
Thread starter
Rocky_imp said:
Wow, that guy didn't cut you any slack did he!
Well, he claimed he did. Said that he was charging me with "Disobeying a sign on a county road" or somesuch, which doesn't carry points or get reported to my insurance company. So there's that. Total cost is $30, so I'm not too bent about it. My daughter was on the back, so it's a good life lesson for both of us.
 
When my wife got a trivial ticket like that (cost over $100), the next time someone from the Highway Patrol or the FOP called asking for a donation, we tell 'em, "Nope, we already gave." I know, the guy who calls probably isn't even a law officer but some poor dude making minimum wage, but we feel a lot better about stiffing them that year. If it is an actual cop on the phone, so much the better. They find out what their "safety campaign" costs them in poor public relations. If you're a cop reading this, don't bother to flame me..........I'll do it again!
 
My first ticket when I was a kid was 43 in a 40, in a 1973 Vw bug.

The cop pulled me over and asked me if I knew why he was pulling me over- I said no? He said speeding. I thought you are joking right?
 
Yea I got a 30 in a 25 once. Then again, I got let go on a 125 in a 25 once too.
 
Thread starter
physics-teacher_imp said:
When my wife got a trivial ticket like that (cost over $100), the next time someone from the Highway Patrol or the FOP called asking for a donation, we tell 'em, "Nope, we already gave." I know, the guy who calls probably isn't even a law officer but some poor dude making minimum wage, but we feel a lot better about stiffing them that year. If it is an actual cop on the phone, so much the better. They find out what their "safety campaign" costs them in poor public relations. If you're a cop reading this, don't bother to flame me..........I'll do it again!
I swear I got that call this evening! He started his little speech and I cut him off saying that I already gave on the side of the road today. He laughed so hard that I had to laugh, too. Life is too short, you know?
The ferret_imp said:
Yea I got a 30 in a 25 once. Then again, I got let go on a 125 in a 25 once too.
Now that's just not right :thumbsup:
 
The only ticket I've ever gotten while riding was about nine years ago on my Ninja ZX6R. No big surprise there. It was an early Sunday morning with an empty freeway. Or so I thought. The CHP officer was polite enough and said she decided to pull me over when I hit 80 and continued to accelerate. I figured I was way overdue given the speeds I had ridden on that bike. Someone once jokingly described these tickets to me as "Performance Awards."

Bob, congratulations on your first Performance Award!
 
Bummer about the ticket, InhouseBob. :(

Funny, I've been pulled over twice on my CB1100 by CHP.
Deserved it both times... got off with a warning both times.
Guess the CHP are surprised that I'm "62" and not some squid kid :dodgy:... They must feel sorry for the "elderly". :rolleyes:
 
Thread starter
EarsOnWheels_imp said:
Where was this?????
Assuming you mean me... Rt. 1 at the Occaquan Bridge, heading north. I sped up to pass a car in the right lane so I could take the next right. They had a radar gun waiting just off the bridge and a few cars already lined up on the shoulder.
 
Thread starter
EarsOnWheels_imp said:
Psh. Sorry to hear that. That speed is slower than traffic is usually flowing!
Yup. I thought about making a break for it and wheelie-ing on out of there, but then remembered that I was on a CB :rofl::rofl:

Any more thoughts about Australia? Looks like I'll be going for two weeks or a bit more. March 16th-ish.
 
Back
Top