Busso Slip-On and DLX Seat

Cobalt23_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Over the past month or so I changed my seat to a '14 DLX and installed a Busso Silencers slip on.

Thanks to Desert Viper for the seat and advice on adjusting the passenger grab handles to look correct.

Busso Silencers slip-on in matte black. I looked a long time to find the combination of looks/performance/sound/price (with no impact to center stand and tune). I ordered it during the middle of the Covid shutdown in Italy so it took a few months to receive it. It has a removable DB killer and right now I have it removed but may eventually quiet it down a bit later. Either way it seems to have a positive impact on low & mid range response. Also has a very nice decel burble that I cannot get enough of right now!!!!!!

My bike is getting close to my vision I had in mind when I purchased it last year, still enjoying it although searching for an Africa Twin currently to add to the garage.:biker:

88c58d66559d6b9593ad30fb571a0480.jpg

cc893e17f6f5d0fc965400aa8a9ac5ad.jpg

0fe696ce3a5104c26601e979437081be.jpg

a5ff2fbdce9903f6155e00a35616bbe1.jpg

fb5f595ecce72d6f5f4e0c661ada3b7e.jpg

6c5cbcb63a3e5e76b31d7da38956f145.jpg

76e52d83bb6d93f5bab8e296f7e291ca.jpg
 
Nice... never heard of that exhaust system.
 
Hmmm. Me either. It kinda disappears. I bet it does sound good!

I can't understand how people leave those stickers on the tank. That paint is too gorgeous to cover up with those eyesores! Rant over.
 
Seat definitely looks taller/plushier than the '17+ EX

Also never heard of that particular pipe before, please do share a sound clip at some point..
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
Looks very elegant and handsome !!

Is the DLX seat a bit taller?
Thanks!

It is a little taller but not by much. It has been modified by Spencers Seats.
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Seat definitely looks taller/plushier than the '17+ EX

Also never heard of that particular pipe before, please do share a sound clip at some point..
I have some cell phone vids of before, after and w/o DB killer. I also have some screen shots of an app with DB readings. I will have to figure out how to post???
 
Most important is that the bike looks good. I like the look of the black pipe.

Videos? Get a YouTube account, upload the videos and link to them.
 


I dig the brushed metal finish on this one.

I've noticed SO much more aftermarket support for our bikes in Europe and Asia. Guess we're just that unlucky since freight costs an arm and a leg :shy:
 
Thread starter
Yes, I liked that a lot too but have been trying to tone down the shiny chrome just a little. Everyone remember the Mugen project CB1100 that was my original inspiration so just subtle changes was my plan.
 
Thanks Cobalt, they're nice looking! I like the black but my OCD would go nuts if it wasn't black from the headers on out. That's just me though. I currently have the Arrow and I like it but this has an interesting shape. The Arrow is really just a smaller version of the original. With a removable baffle though :P
 
Thread starter
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Thanks Cobalt, they're nice looking! I like the black but my OCD would go nuts if it wasn't black from the headers on out. That's just me though. I currently have the Arrow and I like it but this has an interesting shape. The Arrow is really just a smaller version of the original. With a removable baffle though :P
I agree about the stainless header . . . I have thought about buying another one and having it coated somehow . . . powder coat, jet, etc?
 
Back
Top