Bugger all! Four into fours

rboe

Road warrior
Thread starter
Saw my SECOND CB1100 in wild today, Allan brought his "new" CB to the Grotto this morning. He has the four into four setup and boy does it sound nice. I'm too cheap to spring for it myself, but here are a couple shots of his machine. He has some nice things going on here.
 
Nice.

I hope you invited Allen to join us.
 
Thread starter
He's already here. Lurking, silently gleaning all the good info, then applying it to his bike. Sneaky! :D

Very nice gentleman. A bit young if you ask me. But what do I know. He has nice tastes in bikes; now I just have to get him to buy a Griso...... :angel:
 
I love the look of the 4 into 4 and the sound is fantastic. Just can't give up my center stand or my hard earned money.... ;)
 
Thread starter
Those are the two points keeping me from doing it too. I suspect a local welder could make the stand work - but we're talking more bucks again.
 
Sweet pipe masters! First one is US maybe? Never to young to have good taste is motorcycles.
Love the sound of these pipes but no thanks. Today I put the bike on the centerstand serviced my chain all in 15 mins without taking any parts off.... easy peasey Yo.
 
Thumbnails! I'm into instant gratification.





Those pipes are things of great beauty, Allen, so stop lurking and join us.
 
That is just bad ass and that is all there is to it. :excited: No way I could stomach the price of those pipes but boy they sound good on U-tube.
 
I reckon they look pretty damned good too.
 
Thread starter
They do. The youtube vid is pretty darn close to how they sound in real life. Impressive. I'd have to try them on a longer ride; may be a bit much then.
 
Hey Guys,

This is Allen, and I appreciate the welcome. I want to thank everyone who contributes to the forum for all the great ideas and technical support.

Rboe, it was great meeting you at the Grotto! Love that Griso. I'm sure we'll catch up there again one Sunday morning. Those are some nice pics of the bike. As for the pipes, I didn't remove the baffles, so the sound is not overbearing, but it is as advertised. They growl when you twist the throttle, and the noise they make on decel is cool too. Along with pipes, I have the K&N air filter, the TSR air intake funnel, and a power commander. On the dyno, it made 91 horses, and you can feel the extra giddy-up. BUT, losing the centerstand hurt. An ECU flash could be in my future, but right now I'm just enjoying the bike.

Allen
 
Welcome Allen. :hello: and feel free to post up any more pics you have of those gorgeous pipes. That may be the only set in the country. Are the head pipes chrome?
 
G'day and welcome, Allen. Thanks for joining us. They're lovely pipes, made not far from where I live. Thanks for supporting the Australian economy! I really like the idea of making it really clear the bike has 4 cylinders by having a pipe for each.
 
Awesome!! I've been waiting for someone to report on these, I'm planning to get a set myself at some point.

Allen, do you know how the diameter compares to the OEM headers? Does it take an O2 sensor? Same size as stock or larger? Any chance you can post a vid of that beautiful music?!

Sorry for all the questions, I've just been dreaming about these since before I bought the CB! :)

grover


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
I can affirm that those pipes make a very strong case that you need to lighten your wallet.
Allen, it was great meeting you too. And very nice to finally start seeing ore CB1100's in the wild.

You'll start seeing more Griso's, Chris, a Grotto regular, was in California picking a Black Devil up.
 
Back
Top