Bug splatter ...

Everything is pricey. It’s not your imagination. I don’t think I’ve ever paid for the Honda Spray, though — my Honda dealer likes to offer it as raffle prizes and we’ve won a few times
 
MTC is correct. Plexus is pricey. I just ordered a big can from Amazon and it was $24.74. The small cans were ~$18 or so.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Plexus: Is it my imagination or does that stuff seem on the pricey side? Must be functionally significant.
Fort Nine has it on sale at 30% off.
7 ounce can $20, 13 ounce can $26.

I have a 13 ounce spray can at the old price. We moved last May and I forgot all about it. The visor on my Bell helmet could use a shot.
 
Thread starter
Nortoon_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Plexus: Is it my imagination or does that stuff seem on the pricey side? Must be functionally significant.
Fort Nine has it on sale at 30% off.
7 ounce can $20, 13 ounce can $26.

I have a 13 ounce spray can at the old price. We moved last May and I forgot all about it. The visor on my Bell helmet could use a shot.
Great tip Nortoon - thx!
 
It’d want to be really excellent goop at that price.
 
"Plexus was developed for use in the aviation industry - specifically, for cleaning and protecting aircraft windshields".

Here is a link for anyone interested: Plexus Plastic Cleaner
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
"Plexus was developed for use in the aviation industry - specifically, for cleaning and protecting aircraft windshields".

Here is a link for anyone interested: Plexus Plastic Cleaner
Thanks popgun.

Useful to know that product could be potentially cancer causing. So I reckon it must work then. :-/ (the "bad" stuff always seems to).
 
I buy the small trigger pump bottle of blue label Plexus at the local dealer for about five bucks. I don't get the aerosol cans, way more expensive.
 
That's interesting Gone in 60. Looking at the Plexus website, one could be forgiven for thinking the product comes only as an aerosol.

Quote:Its convenient aerosol applicator prevents dripping, leaking, evaporating, and coagulating at the tip of the nozzle (as is common with pumps and squeeze bottles). To use Plexusthis extensive explanation of the wonders of aerosol dispensers. Are you sure the trigger pump bottle is the real McCoy?
 
I wet a cloth and lay it on the screen for fifteen minutes then wipe. Everything comes off instantly. I do the same for my headlight, shocks, etc. Never fails me. Just allow enough time to soften the splatter.
 
Thread starter
Some more great posts. Thank y'all.

I frequent some swampy areas, so a daily helmet rub down is required. I have little patience spending time on it, so I am always looking for the most convenient approach.
 
Thread starter
Nortoon_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Plexus: Is it my imagination or does that stuff seem on the pricey side? Must be functionally significant.
Fort Nine has it on sale at 30% off.
7 ounce can $20, 13 ounce can $26.

I have a 13 ounce spray can at the old price. We moved last May and I forgot all about it. The visor on my Bell helmet could use a shot.
Fort Nine has it on sale at 30% off.
7 ounce can $20, 13 ounce can $26.

I have a 13 ounce spray can at the old price. We moved last May and I forgot all about it. The visor on my Bell helmet could use a shot.
For a potentially DNA-altering product, one would expect something special.

Well holy mackerel! Not only does this unholy product work extremely well, it works fast! I think a part of my soul has been sold. :angel:

Great voodoo tip Nortoon.
 
For the most part, SoCal has very few bugs, but on multi-day rides through the toolies we can get some on a windshield. When I rode an FJR1300, I would wet a motel towel, lay on the windshield and go to breakfast. When I came back, the bug guts were softened and wiped off easily. I keep a water bottle and some paper towels in the saddlebag and have cleaned the random bug off like that.
 
Back
Top