Buffalohead's Indian with Sidecar

Gorgeous. Question... How do you back it up? Or are you just very cognizant of where you pull in to and always leave yourself an out going forward?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Gorgeous. Question... How do you back it up? Or are you just very cognizant of where you pull in to and always leave yourself an out going forward?
Cognizant man, cognizant. Actually, it's not as bad as you'd think. It's really not that different than a large bike w/o a sidecar but you don't have to worry about dumping it while backing. You don't want to try to back it uphill while sitting on it though.
Mick65_imp said:
Stunning and beautiful, looks great in black as well.
Thanks. I really would have liked Indian red except my sidecar was black already. But, it's hard to beat black and chrome. My other sidecar is black as well. That's why I need a black CB. It's a Zeppelin nose style and a black CB is going to look fantastic married to it. I'm not sure which one I'm more excited about!
BTW, many thanks to Cormanus for posting these for me.
 
So how is the Indian? They have been getting stellar reviews and winning shoot outs. As good as they say?
 
Now that's quite a rig.

After looking at this one, I think it would be cool if you could ultimately find a way to mount a CB1100 cast wheel on your other sidecar to match the wheels on the bike.
 
Ferret,
Here's the story. The bike was finished while I was (and am) recovering from a surgery/prosthetic leg issue (which is one of the main reasons I'm into sidecars). So, sadly, I haven't been able to ride it yet. But, I'll be riding when the weather warms up, and I'll be ready for a CB then too. Any comments I make about performance etc. are from my best friend who I trust as much as myself . The backing question comes from his experience. He absolutely loves the rig. BTW, he owns the 2013 CB with the red Hannigan sidecar. He is also the machinist who makes the sidecar attachment hardware. He has become a sidecar guru and helped me do what I would normally do myself but have been unable to do due to my health. We've both owned several sidecar rigs and he says my Indian is the best he's been on.
Guth_imp said:
Now that's quite a rig.

After looking at this one, I think it would be cool if you could ultimately find a way to mount a CB1100 cast wheel on your other sidecar to match the wheels on the bike.
Thanks Guth. As to the wheel, that though has occurred to me and after it's finished, I may do that.

Here's a question. On the Honda site, it says the photos are the European model. I wonder if there's a chance the U.S. model may have different wheels. (?)
 
Oh yea, I've thought about what I'd do if I lost a leg. Id have no problem riding a bike with a hack...especially a CB 11 with a hack. Sorry about your leg problem, but sounds like you are making the best of a bad situation.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Oh yea, I've thought about what I'd do if I lost a leg. Id have no problem riding a bike with a hack...especially a CB 11 with a hack. Sorry about your leg problem, but sounds like you are making the best of a bad situation.
Yeah, it's OK. I've always loved sidecars anyway. And, besides an Indian, I can't think of a better sidecar bike than a CB11. The retro look works best with sidecars, IMO. I love the old style.
 
Very Classy! Matching sidecar with whitewall tires. This rig would fit nicely in Hondahoarder's The Distinguished Gentleman's ride" Thanks for sharing the pics.
 
Retro? Sidecar? Sounds like a Ural to me? Tell me are they any good mechanically. My 11 year old son wants me to get a side car to ride along. I just can't do it yet, but then again I have no experience with one.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
That is as cool as can be. I just wish I could run into somebody to take me for a ride in a side car one day. I bet that big Indian will pull it like its nothing. Thanks for sharing.
 
I've always wanted to ask how difficult is it to ride a bike with a side car? Seems like turning into or away from the sidecar would be totally different. I test road one of those Can Am Spiders and found it a little spooky due to the fact that the bike doesn't lean into a turn. Side car similar to the Can Am or different? Pretty rig for sure. Advantage I assume to the side car is you can go with or without (over the trike or can am)?
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Oh yea, I've thought about what I'd do if I lost a leg. Id have no problem riding a bike with a hack...especially a CB 11 with a hack. Sorry about your leg problem, but sounds like you are making the best of a bad situation.
Yeah, it's OK. I've always loved sidecars anyway. And, besides an Indian, I can't think of a better sidecar bike than a CB11. The retro look works best with sidecars, IMO. I love the old style.

Can you imagine a sidecar hooked up to a new Kawasaki Z 1000? :rolleyes:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Buffalohead_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Oh yea, I've thought about what I'd do if I lost a leg. Id have no problem riding a bike with a hack...especially a CB 11 with a hack. Sorry about your leg problem, but sounds like you are making the best of a bad situation.
Yeah, it's OK. I've always loved sidecars anyway. And, besides an Indian, I can't think of a better sidecar bike than a CB11. The retro look works best with sidecars, IMO. I love the old style.

Can you imagine a sidecar hooked up to a new Kawasaki Z 1000? :rolleyes:
Only if it were a human-sized titanium suppository with "Sugomi" influenced styling.

The new PowerPlus 103 engine is really gorgeous. I don't really like choppers that much anymore (ever since Paul Sr. came along), but a custom with that engine could be VERY cool.
 
Back
Top