Bucket List

Thread starter
5 days in a row temp has been over 100 at some point during the day.

South Lake Tahoe has been some relief.

I guess it could be worse could be going through Las Vegas at 116 or Death Valley at 128th LOL

Fort Bragg, CO high in the 60s tomorrow.
I'm assuming all along the coast still be cool due to Pacific Ocean temps?
 
60s will feel like air conditioning. I would think going up the coast would be pretty mild.to tell you the truth I dont even remember what the temps were when I rode up it, but I remember the views.

I do remember getting stuck in bumper to bumper traffic between San Fran and San Jose and it was 105 degrees.
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
5 days in a row temp has been over 100 at some point during the day.

South Lake Tahoe has been some relief.

I guess it could be worse could be going through Las Vegas at 116 or Death Valley at 128th LOL

Fort Bragg, CO high in the 60s tomorrow.
I'm assuming all along the coast still be cool due to Pacific Ocean temps?
You can expect cooler air along the Northern CA coast - there's been a heat wave down south for a while, cooling this weekend. You meant Fort Bragg, CA. Nice county roads in the area.
 
Frulk_imp said:
Some advice from a local Utahn. Avoid Moab at all cost. It’s the ‘season’ right now. Takes 40 minutes to get from one end of town to the other in stop and go traffic. Parks are closing entrances and limiting entries. Loooong lines at Arches.

Deleted some of my comment as I was under impression you were making Moab part of your destination.

Tom Clyde: Overwhelming Moab - Park Record


https://www.moabsunnews.com/news/article_20922e9a-8dcd-11eb-8615-570a8e8f7a18.html
Unfortunately we rode through there, not that we wanted to but it's on the main road. We called it "Slow-ab"...massive tourist trap.
LongRanger_imp said:
Be glad you’re not taking US 6 from Ely to Tonopah. It’s a beautiful stretch of road if you like desolation but there’s no gas for 170 miles, and it’s difficult to keep your speed below 100-120 mph, so fuel can be an issue. No such difficulty with gas stops on US 50, and you’ll still have an opportunity to really stretch the legs of your K1600, almost with impunity. Just keep an eye on your back tire.
Sounds like a good ride! :cool:

The ferret_imp said:
Cool that you got to ride Hwy 50" Lonliest Road" offroad.
Offroad's Bucket List...check! :thumbsup:
 
My brother lives in CA, currently he is out in Palm Springs, he was melting at 121 Deg a couple of days ago. I can't imagine that sort of heat, I start melting at 86 F (30 Deg C)
 
Thread starter
The temp dropped from 107 to 67 in 25 miles yesterday when we arrived here on the ocean....Fort Bragg.

47 degrees this morning... heading north!

Welcome temps after 6 days over 100.
 
Awesome offroad. Great adventure.
 
Thread starter
Started out in the 50s at the coast... went inland into the 90s... returned to 50s at the coast.

2700 miles in one week.

The Red Woods were awesome!

31843f709f9335a66876dc0fd65f3f48.jpg
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
Started out in the 50s at the coast... went inland into the 90s... returned to 50s at the coast.

2700 miles in one week.

The Red Woods were awesome!

31843f709f9335a66876dc0fd65f3f48.jpg
Very cool :thumbsup:

2700 miles is more than the average motorcyclist rides in a YEAR!
 
Thread starter
From Port Orford to Austoria today....300 miles.

Temp hovered around 60 most of the day.

Austoria is a cool place.... has a big bridge like Mackinaw.

Rode 101....90 % no view on the ocean, 5% traffic jam.

Headed west tomorrow... goodbye low temps :-(

729b879c5ff2d066f07d9b5f3fe5bbb3.jpg
 
You sure rack up the miles offroad. Nice work.
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
From Port Orford to Austoria today....300 miles.

Temp hovered around 60 most of the day.

Austoria is a cool place.... has a big bridge like Mackinaw.

Rode 101....90 % no view on the ocean, 5% traffic jam.

Headed west tomorrow... goodbye low temps :-(

729b879c5ff2d066f07d9b5f3fe5bbb3.jpg
Yeah, unfortunately one needs to get south of the San Francisco area for a consistent view of the great Pacific. Not sure how much the traffic will improve. :-/
 
Couple of weeks back was in Lincoln City Oregon for a few days in a beach house. Drove to Newport a couple of times and north of LC. Nice ocean views along that stretch of 101. Coming from Utah’s upper 90’s the mild ocean breeze and temps (low 60’s) were much appreciated. Once the Frulkster retires next year 101 is on the list to ride....along with the Columbia River gorge on the north side and surrounding hamlets and vineyards.

Edited to add: I should note mid week traffic in that area on 101 didn’t seem bad. As I left Friday a noticeable stream of slow moving multi axle leviathans (toy haulers..5th wheelers etc.) were heading west towards the coast as I was rolling inland.
 
Thread starter
Rode along the Columbia river yesterday.... it was great.... could see the river most of the time for 150+ miles.

Many views were from several hundred feet in the air with sheer drop offs.

I took lots of pictures but no camera or video can capture the depth and vastness compared to seeing it with your own eyes.

It splits the Cascades which were also awesome.

I had no idea it was such a big river.

I got to check off the last west coast state from my list.

fa1f78addae054c4f11195c95fd6092c.jpg
 
that's unbelievably great offroad!
 
Thread starter
Rode 12 from Walla Walla to Missoula today.

Best ride so far....250 miles right along Clearwater river visible 99% of the time.

Found the 99 mile of curves road on ID side added to 32 miles on MT side made for a great day.

550 miles the last 2 days with visible water, mountains and curves.... doesn't get any better than this.

aa1bebc77a603b43767935e5db1c7b0a.jpg



656dd4f9aa05e8a838b55b839b6e98ab.jpg
 
yea baby! That's a great road. Lewis & Clark Hwy. Dianne and I have ridden that. You must be headed thru Yellowstone to Beartooth Pass, and Chief Joseph Pass, then maybe the Tetons?
 
Back
Top