Bucket List

Offroad

Road warrior
Thread starter
I get to complete one of my bucket list ....riding the Pacific Coastal Highway

Wish me luck...... riding into 95-106 temps the next few days!



I still struggle posting pictures.... maybe someone can fix this link.
 
2f7275c43aae0e378000790f0c3dbb3e.jpeg
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
I get to complete one of my bucket list ....riding the Pacific Coastal Highway

Wish me luck...... riding into 95-106 temps the next few days!



I still struggle posting pictures.... maybe someone can fix this link.
The low humidity should make it bearable.
 
Thread starter
Thanks Stichill!.... what did you change?

I guess I was considering the road along the Pacific coast is being the Pacific Coast Highway but I guess that really stops in California.

At Fort Bragg will pick up 101 called the Pacific coast Scenic byway or Oregon Coast Highway.

Just didn't want to hit all those major cities.
 
That’s a fine route, but you will definitely hit traffic and congestion around Lake Tahoe.

Once in SW Oregon, see if there’s any way you can make a half-day detour to see Crater Lake, even if only for an hour.

Oh, and enjoy the MOA!
 
I have not ridden there..it's on my bucket list, too. I think I'd try to include at least the stretch of 101 in California from LA north to the state line because I've seen so many great pictures for the area and I loved passing through there on a family vacation 45 years ago. Traffic would definitely be an issue so if/when I go, I'm thinking that most of my riding in this section would be done in early mornings...then maybe hit a beach or go for a hike or do something touristy when the roads get annoyingly crowded. Remember, though, I've not been out there in 45 years and then I was in the back seat of a rental car. LOL Also, remember, if you can only ride half of the coast, you'll just have to plan another trip for the other half. :)
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
I get to complete one of my bucket list ....riding the Pacific Coastal Highway

Wish me luck...... riding into 95-106 temps the next few days!



I still struggle posting pictures.... maybe someone can fix this link.
Wow, Great Trip is ahead of you. I did something similar to this 2 years ago during Aug. Only advise is to try not to push it on really hot days. I did and paid price a couple of days ... not feeling good, sitting outside minimarts suckin 2 or 3 gatorades tryin to recoup. Not very smart.
 
bflint_imp said:
offroadfx4_imp said:
I get to complete one of my bucket list ....riding the Pacific Coastal Highway

Wish me luck...... riding into 95-106 temps the next few days!



I still struggle posting pictures.... maybe someone can fix this link.
Wow, Great Trip is ahead of you. I did something similar to this 2 years ago during Aug. Only advise is to try not to push it on really hot days. I did and paid price a couple of days ... not feeling good, sitting outside minimarts suckin 2 or 3 gatorades tryin to recoup. Not very smart.
Wow, Great Trip is ahead of you. I did something similar to this 2 years ago during Aug. Only advise is to try not to push it on really hot days. I did and paid price a couple of days ... not feeling good, sitting outside minimarts suckin 2 or 3 gatorades tryin to recoup. Not very smart.
Great advice. :thumbsup:
 
Paul you have to ride California Rt 1 from Morrow Bay north to ride along the Pacific Ocean. Rt 101 is inland from the coast

That's a great trip. I did it in 2014. Rode RT 66 out, up Rt 1 to San Fran and back thru Pikes Peak and Bonneville Salt Flats. That was my bucket list trip. To dip a toe in the pacific Ocean which I did in Monterey, Ca.

201a3e2e706e14e5029836421287e7ca.jpg
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
Thanks Stichill!.... what did you change?

I guess I was considering the road along the Pacific coast is being the Pacific Coast Highway but I guess that really stops in California.

At Fort Bragg will pick up 101 called the Pacific coast Scenic byway or Oregon Coast Highway.

Just didn't want to hit all those major cities.
You posted the image without an actual link to the .jpg file but instead a link to the imgur page that has the .jpg file:
Like so:


I just right-clicked the image itself and said "Copy image address":
Like
59a22d140daa03e639bd7cf4407d42a8.jpeg
so:
 
I do that ride whenever I can. Luckily, the road just reopened following one of the periodic land slides. Near Monterey you’ll hit Carmel. Sadly, the most scenic side trips in the area, called 17 Mile Road, is not open to motorcycles. Plan to get plenty of side road pics of your bike along the ocean.

I’ll be doing it in early July myself, but in a car, vacationing with the missus.
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
I get to complete one of my bucket list ....riding the Pacific Coastal Highway

Wish me luck...... riding into 95-106 temps the next few days!



I still struggle posting pictures.... maybe someone can fix this link.
Cool! Have fun Paul! :thumbsup:
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I do that ride whenever I can. Luckily, the road just reopened following one of the periodic land slides. Near Monterey you’ll hit Carmel. Sadly, the most scenic side trips in the area, called 17 Mile Road, is not open to motorcycles. Plan to get plenty of side road pics of your bike along the ocean.

I’ll be doing it in early July myself, but in a car, vacationing with the missus.
Dang. Haven't been to Carmel in over 20 years. (*sigh*)
 
Thread starter
101.4 yesterday to Overland Park.

Have a Camelbak I keep pouring water inside my jacket.... like jumping in a swimming pool lol
 
Back
Top