Bring back the Honda 50 mini trail

Offroad

Road warrior
Thread starter
Since Honda is doing the retro thing....I wish they'd bring back the original Honda 50 mini trail bike....I'd buy one for my grand kids in a heart beat.
I want the full version with headlight, fold down handle bars, fuel shut off so you can put it in your trunk! Great for camping! I loved my mini trail....
 
Yes, bring back the 50 and the 70.

My brother on his CT70 in 1970.

0d2b92814ffeaf8fa2b934d27d21109a.jpg


The little motors were bullet proof and they wee great fun to ride.
 
I've seen Chinese versions in Peru. Looked like exact duplicates. Mount the quality is the same however.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Ack-CB11_imp said:
The fun is back and has been updated. It's called the Grom now!
That does look cool, but it's a 125, bigger and 3K....I would think they could make a new mini trail for $1000?

The 70 cc were nice too, but wouldn't fit in the trunk of a car like the 50's.

I'm looking for one like this:

Hayabusa Owners Group
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
The fun is back and has been updated. It's called the Grom now!
That does look cool, but it's a 125, bigger and 3K....I would think they could make a new mini trail for $1000?

The 70 cc were nice too, but wouldn't fit in the trunk of a car like the 50's.

I'm looking for one like this:

Hayabusa Owners Group
That does look cool, but it's a 125, bigger and 3K....I would think they could make a new mini trail for $1000?

The 70 cc were nice too, but wouldn't fit in the trunk of a car like the 50's.

I'm looking for one like this:

Hayabusa Owners Group
The 50's would fit in a trunk same as the Rupp, my Rupp in in the trunk of cop cars a few times:P
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
The fun is back and has been updated. It's called the Grom now!
Exactly! They're really cool bikes, and they're cheap as chips.
redbirds_imp said:
Yes, bring back the 50 and the 70.

My brother on his CT70 in 1970.

0d2b92814ffeaf8fa2b934d27d21109a.jpg


The little motors were bullet proof and they wee great fun to ride.
Apparently our Moms shopped at the same clothing stores. I had the same goofy plaid pants.
 
Thread starter
CIP57_imp said:
offroadfx4_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
The fun is back and has been updated. It's called the Grom now!
That does look cool, but it's a 125, bigger and 3K....I would think they could make a new mini trail for $1000?

The 70 cc were nice too, but wouldn't fit in the trunk of a car like the 50's.

I'm looking for one like this:

Hayabusa Owners Group
That does look cool, but it's a 125, bigger and 3K....I would think they could make a new mini trail for $1000?

The 70 cc were nice too, but wouldn't fit in the trunk of a car like the 50's.

I'm looking for one like this:

Hayabusa Owners Group
The 50's would fit in a trunk same as the Rupp, my Rupp in in the trunk of cop cars a few times:P
That does look cool, but it's a 125, bigger and 3K....I would think they could make a new mini trail for $1000?

The 70 cc were nice too, but wouldn't fit in the trunk of a car like the 50's.

I'm looking for one like this:

Hayabusa Owners Group
The 50's would fit in a trunk same as the Rupp, my Rupp in in the trunk of cop cars a few times:P
Those Rupp's were fun too...their 5 HP motors were double the size of the Honda....they would go 40mph with the governor held open, they would leave us mini trails in their dust (only 28 mph without that magic sprocket change).....but that centrifugal clutch was a killer on anything but smooth surfaces....that Honda would climb a tree in first gear....some adults found out the hard way when they tried to drive one
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
CIP57_imp said:
offroadfx4_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
The fun is back and has been updated. It's called the Grom now!
That does look cool, but it's a 125, bigger and 3K....I would think they could make a new mini trail for $1000?

The 70 cc were nice too, but wouldn't fit in the trunk of a car like the 50's.

I'm looking for one like this:

Hayabusa Owners Group
That does look cool, but it's a 125, bigger and 3K....I would think they could make a new mini trail for $1000?

The 70 cc were nice too, but wouldn't fit in the trunk of a car like the 50's.

I'm looking for one like this:

Hayabusa Owners Group
The 50's would fit in a trunk same as the Rupp, my Rupp in in the trunk of cop cars a few times:P
That does look cool, but it's a 125, bigger and 3K....I would think they could make a new mini trail for $1000?

The 70 cc were nice too, but wouldn't fit in the trunk of a car like the 50's.

I'm looking for one like this:

Hayabusa Owners Group
The 50's would fit in a trunk same as the Rupp, my Rupp in in the trunk of cop cars a few times:P
Those Rupp's were fun too...their 5 HP motors were double the size of the Honda....they would go 40mph with the governor held open, they would leave us mini trails in their dust (only 28 mph without that magic sprocket change).....but that centrifugal clutch was a killer on anything but smooth surfaces....that Honda would climb a tree in first gear....some adults found out the hard way when they tried to drive one
That does look cool, but it's a 125, bigger and 3K....I would think they could make a new mini trail for $1000?

The 70 cc were nice too, but wouldn't fit in the trunk of a car like the 50's.

I'm looking for one like this:

Hayabusa Owners Group
The 50's would fit in a trunk same as the Rupp, my Rupp in in the trunk of cop cars a few times:P
Those Rupp's were fun too...their 5 HP motors were double the size of the Honda....they would go 40mph with the governor held open, they would leave us mini trails in their dust (only 28 mph without that magic sprocket change).....but that centrifugal clutch was a killer on anything but smooth surfaces....that Honda would climb a tree in first gear....some adults found out the hard way when they tried to drive one
The first mods i ever did was on the Rupp, Put a Dellorto Carb and changed out the rear sprocket. ( we where really good mechanics at the age of 12 :)) Chain repair was a weekly thing. Not sure how many times the engine plate was welded. I had two Rupps a one speed Scrambler 3 1/2 hp and a 2 speed Roadster 5hp which was fast.
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
The fun is back and has been updated. It's called the Grom now!
That does look cool, but it's a 125, bigger and 3K....I would think they could make a new mini trail for $1000?

The 70 cc were nice too, but wouldn't fit in the trunk of a car like the 50's.

I'm looking for one like this:

Hayabusa Owners Group
They could fit in the trunk of a 70s car :P My buddy had two of them and we'd occasionally put one in the trunk of my (giant) Mercury to take it to the desert or down to the river. You had to fold the handlebars, though.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
The fun is back and has been updated. It's called the Grom now!
Exactly! They're really cool bikes, and they're cheap as chips.
redbirds_imp said:
Yes, bring back the 50 and the 70.

My brother on his CT70 in 1970.

0d2b92814ffeaf8fa2b934d27d21109a.jpg


The little motors were bullet proof and they wee great fun to ride.
Apparently our Moms shopped at the same clothing stores. I had the same goofy plaid pants.
Exactly! They're really cool bikes, and they're cheap as chips.
redbirds_imp said:
Yes, bring back the 50 and the 70.

My brother on his CT70 in 1970.

0d2b92814ffeaf8fa2b934d27d21109a.jpg


The little motors were bullet proof and they wee great fun to ride.
Apparently our Moms shopped at the same clothing stores. I had the same goofy plaid pants.
Yeah, I had a whole closet of those goofy pants :D
 
Back
Top