Bridgestone

jimgl3_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Bridgestone, one of the few suppliers of tires to fit our bikes, used to be one of the more affordable tire companies. Is it me, or has that changed significantly? I suppose providing motogp with tires has gotten the better of them in the pandemic...
 
Like many more things these days Jim, I fear manufacturers with all the connected cloud-based databases operating in virtually "just-in-time" (and in many cases, real-time), the paradigm of "supply and demand" are continuously tweaked and milked from the consumer for what they can afford to pay from one day to the next, or one week to the next, ... one month to the next. There is no human behind the day-to-day variations, and more likely logically databases that have implemented artificial intelligence.

We are consumers. We like our profits from business. This is the side-effect, and we pay for it.

Conversely, sometimes we get lucky and [tire] stock goes old and dried out - so the consumer experiences a fire sale. Everything for a reason these days.
 
Michelin is and has been for the last couple of seasons motorcycle tire supplier to MotoGP.
 
My recent Bridgestone T31 purchases here in Ireland were not too bad. €106 for the front 110/80 ZR18 and the rear 140/70 R18 was €126 ($126 & $150 US resp.) That includes our dreaded 23% Sales Tax. Fitting and balancing is a reasonable €12 per wheel at a dedicated motorcycle tyre fitter. My last three sets of tyres have all been Bridgestone, I seem to of settled on the brand.
 
Tev62_imp said:
My recent Bridgestone T31 purchases here in Ireland were not too bad. €106 for the front 110/80 ZR18 and the rear 140/70 R18 was €126 ($126 & $150 US resp.) That includes our dreaded 23% Sales Tax. Fitting and balancing is a reasonable €12 per wheel at a dedicated motorcycle tyre fitter. My last three sets of tyres have all been Bridgestone, I seem to of settled on the brand.
Yes, those prices seem reasonable by Canadian perspective, even with [hyper] tax. Installation cost is good too.
 
The prices align with the cost in Australia too. The rear is more expensive here at €138 and the front cheaper at €103.
 
lol I remember when they were like $25 front and $40 rear
 
I have been using Bridgestone tires pretty much on all my bikes the last 3 years, but when it come time for the 2017 EX to need new tires, then I will worry. I am thinking about using that rim selling kit off ebay that claims to work on spoked wheels, and they say even used in racing. It is sold by Outex, and cost $95, (one tire-rear) and includes shipping from Japan. They have hit 27,000 kits sold already, must work.
Tubed tires, the only flaw in one of the prettiest bikes in the world!
 
jimgl3_imp said:
bridgestoned used to be like $98 front and $124 rear. those were the days!
I just bought a set of Bridgestone BT-46 tires (110/80r18 and 140/70r18) in Canada and the front tire cost more than the rear. It could be because that front tire size was a recent addition to the BT-46 line, though. But it was still a reasonable price, by Canadian standards. Front: $174.00, rear: $133.00.
 
jimgl3_imp said:
bridgestoned used to be like $98 front and $124 rear. those were the days!
I just paid, 2 months ago, $99 for the Bridgestone Battlax 120/80-18 rear tire for the GS750E I am selling.
 
HondaFan_imp said:
jimgl3_imp said:
bridgestoned used to be like $98 front and $124 rear. those were the days!
I just bought a set of Bridgestone BT-46 tires (110/80r18 and 140/70r18) in Canada and the front tire cost more than the rear. It could be because that front tire size was a recent addition to the BT-46 line, though. But it was still a reasonable price, by Canadian standards. Front: $174.00, rear: $133.00.
" ... by Canadian standards. ... " :dodgy:
 
HondaFan, I hate to be pedantic, but I don’t think the BT46 is an “R” or radial tyre. It’s bias ply, isn’t it, and replaces the BT45, an excellent tyre.
 
I'm on my second set of stock BT54's. Love the handling and feel of my bike just the way it is. The stock front wears quickly, and it will follow rain grooves sometimes. Gonna try the T32 front next.
 
DBM_imp said:
I'm on my second set of stock BT54's. Love the handling and feel of my bike just the way it is. The stock front wears quickly, and it will follow rain grooves sometimes. Gonna try the T32 front next.
I like the BT54s. If there was less choice, I'd probably use them again too.
 
Back
Top