Bridgestone Battlax Tires

StreetFighter_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Rocky mountain ATV MC has a pair on sale with a $50 rebate and they're really high performance tires for you cafe racer types out there.
 
Southpaw50_imp said:
+1 - Chapparal has the best price. $222 for both front and rear, shipping included.
$133.00 for the rear!! Not bad.

Just did a 700 round trip to sequoia national park and the heat and speed ate up my rear tire.
 
I've got maybe 3000 miles on my T30's. I'm really liking them. Had the stock Dunlops, then PR3's, now these.

Neither the Michelin PR3 or the Bridgestone T-30 come in the stock size for the rear, I had 160 widths on both of these. At least in the US, Japan seems to have the correct rear in the T-30. I never really liked the rear profile on the 160 PR3, it leaves a lot of unused tread. The 160 T-30 is much better, you can get a lot more use out of the tire. The PR3 was great in the rain, but it was slick until warmed up, at which point grip was great. Tread life was amazing on the PR3. I got about 10K out of them before I got a nail. They were very expensive though. The T-30 seems to have better grip than the PR3 in the dry, and while cold, but I have not ridden the T30 in the winter in in the wet. T-30 tread pattern leans more towards dry grip, the PR3 leans to wet grip. Hard to say how long the T-30 will last, but given the lower price and better grip, I'm not expecting them to last as long.

I do not plan on buying the stock Dunlop or the PR3's again, I will go with the T-30 or try something else. In SoCal I don't need the PR3's rain performance, we'll see how the T-30 performs in the rain but it's not a priority for me.
 
I'm looking forward to trying the T-30 on the front. Hoping the "feathering" that lots of people experience goes away. Heard good things from friends who ride TN. and NC. twisties. Don't personally have any issues with the Bridgestone rear.
 
The T30 is also very good in rain. I used up about 5 pairs on my Beemer and already one pair on the CB.

At the CB, they run about 7,000 km, my riding profile. At the K1100RS about 5-6,000 km. The K is heavier and has some more power.

Compared to th BT54, the T30 is a state of the art tire. The concept of the BT54 is quite old.

The Dunlops, which came OEM with my CB only lasted about 5,000 km.

I never liked the MPR3, as they tend to give me the feeling, they cant into the corner.

The T30 I would recommend. I really like the cornering predictability of this tire.

However, currently I ride the Metzler Z8, because it's available in 140/70-18.
 
7000KM is less than 4500 miles. That's awful. I got almost 8500 miles out of the stock Dunlops and almost 10,000, with plenty tread to spare, out of my PR3's. I'm at about 3000 miles and have tons of tread left.

T-30's have a rain version. Tread groves go a bit further to the outsides of the tire, but I was really happy with the PR3 in the wet.
 
From my experience and those of my friends, I would say, the wear of a MPR3 and a Bridgestone T30 is nearly the same.

So, if you got out 10,000 miles of a MPR3, chances would be good, to get also 10,000 miles out of a T30.

Btw., my friend, I ride together, gets about 6-7,000 km out of his MPR3. It's a lot about riding style and environment.
 
Well that's promising. I do everything on my bike, commute, tour, canyons. I wouldn't say I'm easy on my tires, but I don't know how I could be getting such better milage than others. I'm about 200LBS geared up.
 
Back
Top