rboe
Road warrior
Thread starter
Monthly Guzzi breakfast this morning so I dusted off the CB (she needed the ride time and I figured would be a good bike to take to the Steel Horse Swap meet; last year I took the CB350F).
33 degrees, kept the windscreen off though - went commando! Bundled up, electric jacket liner (but did not use the glove liners - only a five mile ride) and a bunch of Freeze Out under garments. Wore the kevlar jeans instead of the riding pants with insulated liners; glad the ride was not any longer.
Several guys bailed and rode their cages to breakfast but about ten bikes showed up (only four Guzzi's!). One was an older CB750 with Rifle fairing and a Targa chin piece. I'd love a chin piece on the CB!!
Warmed up to 40 after breakfast, was hitting 50 when I left for home. Hit 60 later in the day when we took the truck out.
Anyway, it has been a spell since I have ridden the CB and it was so nice to be on her again. And without the windscreen! Need to do that more often.
33 degrees, kept the windscreen off though - went commando! Bundled up, electric jacket liner (but did not use the glove liners - only a five mile ride) and a bunch of Freeze Out under garments. Wore the kevlar jeans instead of the riding pants with insulated liners; glad the ride was not any longer.
Several guys bailed and rode their cages to breakfast but about ten bikes showed up (only four Guzzi's!). One was an older CB750 with Rifle fairing and a Targa chin piece. I'd love a chin piece on the CB!!
Warmed up to 40 after breakfast, was hitting 50 when I left for home. Hit 60 later in the day when we took the truck out.
Anyway, it has been a spell since I have ridden the CB and it was so nice to be on her again. And without the windscreen! Need to do that more often.
The stator on the 650L won't support electrics and from this site it seems the CB can not support too many electric gizmos (the Griso has power to spare - in more ways than one - so not an issue).