Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hi Jon... Yep, we made one heck of a handsome rally group if I may say so! And those Waxwings were actually back at the pond behind 100 Acre Wood, so that picture is a little out of sequence. Lisa and I had such a great time...definitely a trip to remember forever!Jonz_imp said:I think the shot of the 5 of us with that rock wall across the river is my fav.
I wish I'd seen the 3 Cedar Waxwings in the trees.
Thanks
Jon Z
I know just where that is. As I was riding home from the rally, I stopped for gas in Stanley, ID. A couple of Harley riders from Florida asked me where would be a good nearby place to get a photo of the Sawtooth Range. I directed them 3 miles out of town where I'd taken this pic about 3 weeks earlierThe ferret_imp said:That picture with the sun drenched prairie, fog and mountina in the back ground is outstanding

Sorry about that. I haven't been at home long enough to process my pics and upload them. Just got back from a week flying around NM, so I'll have some time this week.Jonz_imp said:I know it's been a while so I better finish this. You all saw the waterfall pics, anouther great ride. More paved road this time,and mountain passes. We were told to get back on our bikes an leave after a water break near Lake Como, a Montana reservoir, by what looked to me like a teenager in a uniform. We took a few last group pics just after the last pass, the sun casting long shadows of our dusty CBs.
Over dinner at the rivers edge we talked about lofty things, like spaceship doohickeys and flying into remote airstrips. I had anouther great local beer (1 per evening, I still had a mile of deer on the road), and wondered if I could really ride 6 hundred miles home the next day.
Sunday after early morning coffee and muffins with Karl and Lisa,Kenny lead the way back to home. Maybe 6 hours in, an hour after lunch, at a gas and water break, I was backing my bike out of the shade and dropped it. Kenny thought I did it so that when I welded my snapped clutch lever back together it would match my break lever.
So on we went, with a 2" clutch lever for me and a butt very happy with my Airhawk.
Roads were not crowded, and I-90 was hot. Kenny split north at Quincy,just before the Columbia River and the eastern slopes of the Cascades.
Not more than 30 miles later traffic slowed to a crawl, and I was very displeased with the length of my lever in the next hour of stop and go. I did make it home in 12 hours though, not to bad. 1726 miles for me, loved them all (except where noted).
Fixed my lever the next day, and the following Saturday got the dealer who had installed my front wheel backwards to turn it the right way. After more than 6,000 miles they weren't going to give me anew tire. Not surprisingly the road noise is quieter and though I've only used it for my commute to work the last few weeks I think it handles better.
Well I had hoped flynrider would've posted some pics by now, but maybe something glitched somewhere.
Jon Z
