Brand new 2014 cb1100 on UK eBay for parts

Ridem32_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
A guy in the UK has a brand new 0 mile bike he is selling part by part. He wants around $2,200 for motor which is a good price. Someone with a 13 model could drop that motor in and have a new 6 speed. With what you would lose on the sale of a 13 and then the price of a 14 $2,200 is good. It's a white bike but not a deluxe. Anyone with a 13 or 14 that's a standard could buy tank and side covers and have a new white bike! Says he will ship world wide!!
 
What a waste of a new bike.
 
Wonder what it would cost to ship a motor across the water? lol
 
Thread starter
I would say to ship around $200
Randyb I say he doubles his money by selling part by part
A frame with a title on a 2014 bike should bring $4k or so. I use to buy salvage bikes fix and some of them back to factory and in Mississippi we can get clean titles just like a regular title. I was getting $3k for frames and titles on honda cbr and gsxr etc. Then sell each part. I had 3 cbr600rr at one time with clean titles all had less than. 600 miles. I listed them on eBay for $3,500 each none sold. I started taking one apart my wife said what are you doing to that new bike ! I said I'm selling it part by part. Made about $7k on each bike. I was shipping parts all over the world
 
But this isn't a salvage bike. Hes parting out a brand new bike. It just seems like a waste to me.
 
Guys over on the Fz 1 forum would do that all the time. Drove me crazy. They'd put their bikes up for sale, if no one bought them in two weeks they started taking apart perfectly good motorcycles and selling them part by part.
 
Yep, they do this all the time on the ZRX site too. I was going to recommend to ACK who has a ton invested to do the same, but our bikes are new in the states, nobody is looking for big ticket items yet.
 
Does anyone know if the 2014 gauge cluster is plug and play with the 13? And I wonder how much that would be if it is? I know they made some improvements, but I'm not sure if it was all in the cluster, or also in the sensors that feed it. Apparently you can get a gear indicator as an aftermarket part that just plugged into the 10-13 model harness, so that may work. And if the new gas gauge didn't have a new sensor, that should work. As long as it all still talked to the ECU correctly, it might work.

Just a thought for somewhere down the line.
 
It reminds me of the British airman shot down over Germany in WWII. The German doctors had to amputate his leg. He asked their air force to drop his leg over his airfield the next time they bombed it. They complied. The next week they had to take off his arm, and he made the same request. They complied again. The third week they said they'd have to remove his other leg, and he asked again. This time they said no. When he asked them why not, they said: "Ve zink you are trying to escape!"
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
It reminds me of the British airman shot down over Germany in WWII. The German doctors had to amputate his leg. He asked their air force to drop his leg over his airfield the next time they bombed it. They complied. The next week they had to take off his arm, and he made the same request. They complied again. The third week they said they'd have to remove his other leg, and he asked again. This time they said no. When he asked them why not, they said: "Ve zink you are trying to escape!"

If that's a true story it's fantastic, but I suspect it's one of the gags from that Bob Hope joke book you won on eBay!

Saw a rag-top cooper on my travels today and thought of you. Reminded me I needed to log in and catch up!
 
Ridem32_imp said:
I wanted my wife to get the Mini Cooper but she wanted a honda accord.
I'd want the accord for a longer haul cruiser but the Mini is silly fun to drive. Next best thing to a road going go-kart! :D
 
Thread starter
Yes I agree! Our kids are grown! I wanted the cooper to sport around in. I think they look great! But No I'm a old grandpaw in a accord lol
 
Ridem32_imp said:
I would say to ship around $200
Randyb I say he doubles his money by selling part by part
A frame with a title on a 2014 bike should bring $4k or so. I use to buy salvage bikes fix and some of them back to factory and in Mississippi we can get clean titles just like a regular title. I was getting $3k for frames and titles on honda cbr and gsxr etc. Then sell each part. I had 3 cbr600rr at one time with clean titles all had less than. 600 miles. I listed them on eBay for $3,500 each none sold. I started taking one apart my wife said what are you doing to that new bike ! I said I'm selling it part by part. Made about $7k on each bike. I was shipping parts all over the world
That's a bunch of crap. While you may have used the most up-to-date equipment to analyze the frames to make sure there weren't micro-fractures and whatever, I'm betting most people did not. States with these laws for salvage titles need to close their loopholes so salvage vehicles stay salvage vehicles.
 
Thread starter
Yes Mississippi I think is the only state left that can get clean titles! By insurance rules if the frame of a bike has a dent, scratch or paint chip it's a totaled bike! ARK is the only state that don't have a salvage title for bikes. Just cars in AR. Have salvage titles. So if you buy any bike from AR. And the frame is bent in half it's still a clean title. That's why AR. wrecked bikes bring more money because of the clean title. You can take a clean title broke from to a dealer and buy a new frame for a few hundred bucks!
Clean title bike. Not clean broke! I wrote that wrong lol
What I'm trying to say is you can buy a new frame from a dealer with a clean title if you have a broke frame
 
Thread starter
I did some checking on the new 14 bike on eBay being parted out. It's a new 13 not 14. I told the guy he said was built in 13 and sold new in 14 lol. He might be kin to tortuga lol. They might be cousions. :) lol
 
Back
Top