brake pads which is best?

kmoney_imp said:
curlyjoe_imp said:
kmoney_imp said:
I want to say that having the different size islands (with the smaller one being on the leading edge) gives the ABS pads less initial bite and makes them less grabby each time you use your front brake alone.

I've never had my rears off on my '13 ABS but from what I see there, it almost looks like mine has the "regular" rear pads, as I'm pretty sure the gas slot is in the middle.
I pulled my rears off on my '13 ABS to measure thickness and they are identical to the $90 replacements I had ordered (first pic above). I couldn't find aftermarket pads that look the same.

The '13 CB1100A does have the combined braking system with 3 piston calipers on the front. The center piston on the right front engages when the rear brake is applied.

Perhaps these pads are quite unique and in low demand so the manufacturer charges much more for a limited production run.
Perhaps these pads are quite unique and in low demand so the manufacturer charges much more for a limited production run.
I think that's it, though I would think we share rear brakes with at least a few other C-ABS Hondas.
From this link, it looks like the '12 & '13 NC700XD also uses these pads.
 
I cant say which pads are best of course but have just fitted Brembo Sintered (HH) to the front calipers on my 2017MY EX. They are a good improvement over stock. Nothing mind blowing, if I were to estimate, they felt like they added ~15 to 20% more stopping power under heavy braking. Best of all though is the increased feel and control at the lever for light braking and low speed work around town. I suspect any HH pad is going to feel similar.
 
Tev62_imp said:
I cant say which pads are best of course but have just fitted Brembo Sintered (HH) to the front calipers on my 2017MY EX. They are a good improvement over stock. Nothing mind blowing, if I were to estimate, they felt like they added ~15 to 20% more stopping power under heavy braking. Best of all though is the increased feel and control at the lever for light braking and low speed work around town. I suspect any HH pad is going to feel similar.
What are the Brembo part number for Front that you used?
Thanks
 
My local Honda dealer gave me a quote of £94 for two pairs of “Honda’s recommended” front pads. Without installation, just to buy. Seems a lot to me.
 
mrded_imp said:
My local Honda dealer gave me a quote of £94 for two pairs of “Honda’s recommended” front pads. Without installation, just to buy. Seems a lot to me.
Not daylight robbery for two pairs, and you are not paying postage, but there are cheaper to be had.
 
Back
Top