Brake lever guard for track days

mrded_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hello, can you recommend not alien looking lever guards for cb1100?

Most of them look too sharp/bright designed for sport bikes. I’m looking for something almost invisible and matching my RLETs.

It’s a requirement for track days, so I have to install them. Thanks.
 
mrded_imp said:
Hello, can you recommend not alien looking lever guards for cb1100?

Most of them look too sharp/bright designed for sport bikes. I’m looking for something almost invisible and matching my RLETs.

It’s a requirement for track days, so I have to install them. Thanks.
One of the sanest things read all day.
 
them? never heard of a clutch guard... front brake lever, yes. who cares what it looks like. take it off after.

guess things are changing. it has been 6 years since I've raced or done track days, but even WERA did not "require" them when I was racing...

nope. WERA still has no such requirement.
 
Thread starter
jimgl3_imp said:
them? never heard of a clutch guard... front brake lever, yes. who cares what it looks like. take it off after.

guess things are changing. it has been 6 years since I've raced or done track days, but even WERA did not "require" them when I was racing...

nope. WERA still has no such requirement.
If I don’t care how it looks like, I won’t be riding CB1100.
 
If you care what it looks like, don't take it on the track. the whole reason the brake guard would be required is due to the high potential for collisions on the track!!!
 
Thread starter
I wanted to try a track, and I don’t have another bike unfortunately. As I understand the brake lever protection is required now, and I will be to lazy to remove it after track days. That’s why I wanted to install and keep it.

I’ve seen some lever guard which can be converted into wind guards easily.

Or, bar end mirrors. Can those be used on track as lever protectors?
 
It's your bike and you can do with it what you will, but a CB1100 as a track bike? Track bikes should be like winter cars, i.e., dings and dents and scratches here and there, but running good with the right tires. I would not risk my CB on a track, because the whole reason for track days is so you can ride it balls-to-the-wall and not worry about laying it down, assuming you have the leathers, etc. You can get a track bike pretty cheap when riders want to move up a class and the old mount is for sale. Good luck to you.
 
Thread starter
Not sure about the wind, once I install it - I’ll give a feedback.

RLETS are staying, of course! :)
 
Thread starter
Today I’ve finally installed the guards, and I actually like them. I didn’t ride far yet, hard to say how good they’re with wind protection, I’ll write my feedback later.

In order to install guards, I had to remove Honda’s bar ends with internal cartridges. as cartridges are not designed to stay stil, they kinda made to rotate. don’t know why, but if you take the cartridges off you’ll see.

e47c7b845763de508c212fb36ab9f6f5.jpg
 
like a dart fly screen Goldie...

Mrded, those are VERY nice! I take back my remarks. And I'm shocked at the reasonable price! $105 for the pair!

I still recommend though, go get you a beater ninja 250 for your first track day and only one thing you have to worry about then... It's more addictive than crack! Seriously!
c95e6fb2873b70eeef8c267800a31848.jpg
 
Thread starter
Thanks Jim, I’ll take it easy, just wanted to try. If it’s really that addictive - I’ll get myself a cheaper, track machine.
 
I felt a great disturbance in the Force when the Ron Haslam Race School closed last summer.

That would have gotten you, hook, line and sinker!
 
Thread starter
Track day went very well, I only scratched an engine guard. Those bar end guards I bought are really good. Both looking good, and very practical of shielding from wind and rain.


65553b3e61e430b6cef170227af83c84.jpg
 
Back
Top