Brake Fluid

For years I have used the Valvoline Synthetic Dot 4 brake fluid , it is clear so very easy to see when the new fluid comes out the bleeder when replacing the old and darker fluid. I use a pneumatic brake fluid bleeder connected to my air compressor and also use stainless steel Speed Bleeders. It is all very easy and simple.
 
Not to be snarky, but I use whatever the dealer puts in there. Goes for my bikes as well as my cars. Wouldn’t all DOT 4 be the same, chemically speaking?
 
I replace the brake fluid on my bikes myself and some DOT 4 fluids are darker than others , that's why I use the clear one from Valvoline. With some of the darker ones it is less easy to see the new fluid come thru.
 
Thread starter
I bought some Valvoline to add to existing, but I saw the Pentosin and plan to use that for a complete flush/replace later.
 
Back
Top