Brake Flasher

Deanohh_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Just installed a brake "modulator" from Vizi-Tec. They send it with attached connectors that plug into your bike and they have the correct cb1100 version that you just unplug the taillight near the battery and plug in their little box. Its not continuous blinking but it changes according to how you use the brakes.... Blinks then stays on and a few other features. Seems to be a good safety feature.
 
Deanohh_imp said:
Just installed a brake "modulator" from Vizi-Tec. They send it with attached connectors that plug into your bike and they have the correct cb1100 version that you just unplug the taillight near the battery and plug in their little box. Its not continuous blinking but it changes according to how you use the brakes.... Blinks then stays on and a few other features. Seems to be a good safety feature.
I like the 'no-splice' installation... which one did you get the #1 or #2 (as listed on the site below) ?

http://www.vizi-tec.com/brake-light-modulator/
 
Yoyodyne_imp said:
Signal Dynamics also make some nice brake light modulators, they've been in business for over two decades.

Signal Dynamics Corporation - The Makers of BackOFF Products

well I just checked out the signal dynamics solution and here's the part of the installation instructions that I don't like:

http://signaldynamics.com/images/stories/INSTRUCTIONS/1001 backoff.pdf

".. cut the brake wire.."

no thanks.. I'll take a plug in solution and leave my wiring intact if I have a choice...
 
I have been looking at this type of solution along with, and I wish I could remember the company, a solution that adds a small LED strip that does the flashing. One that also does not require any cutting of wires. Several of the other XS750/XS850 riders have this type of modification on their bike and it is like the 3rd light on a car. It really stands out on top of the standard brake light. Anyone know of this please chime in and help my failing memory. :)
 
dBuster_imp said:
I have been looking at this type of solution along with, and I wish I could remember the company, a solution that adds a small LED strip that does the flashing. One that also does not require any cutting of wires. Several of the other XS750/XS850 riders have this type of modification on their bike and it is like the 3rd light on a car. It really stands out on top of the standard brake light. Anyone know of this please chime in and help my failing memory. :)
Perhaps Signal Dynamics? They sell LED strips and [url=https://signaldynamics.com/index.php/products/led-lighting?page=shop.browse&category_id=54]license plate holders with LED built in. Unfortunately, I think there needs to be wire splicing. I did some significant research on this. I don't know any rear-mounted LED strips that would be free from cutting wires. Hope this helps.
 
Back
Top