Boy, This is Fun!

Ron in MO_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I have very quickly learned so much about the CB1100 with the posts and help from fellow forum members, so now the fun begins!

On Thursday I will pick up this very nice 2013 CB1100 and will immediately start personalizing it to my own taste.

Inspired by forum members Chip Beck and Papa Weeley, today I ordered a color matched Road Comet fairing, side panels and sport front fender. I also ordered the "Chip Beck" replica Corbin seat, a Lucas tail light / license holder, Lockhart Phillips turn signals, Honda OEM heated grips, CB500F mirrors and a Pilot chrome chain guard.

I purchased 2014 CB1100 DLX 4into2 exhaust header from Motogeezer, then ordered a set of Over Racing stainless slip on mufflers to enhance symmetry and sound.

Lastly, I working with Seventh Gear Design to pick up their 37T rear and 19T front steel sprocket set.

Installing all of these new goodies should keep me busy until our winter weather moves out and I finally get some regular riding in.

I'll post updates as I progress with these changes and will also give my first riding impressions.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
:banana: wow jumping in with both feet before you've ridden 1 foot. Gutsy!

Congrats and we can't wait to see pics of the transformation. You picked some great bikes to emulate
 
I can't wait to see all this! Oh yeah, you can get the RLETS at the dealer... jus sayin.
 
Thread starter
I've owned several Harley's, Victory's and Triumphs. Probably spending way too much money dressing them up, but heck, that's all part of the fun in owning these fine machines. Maybe the CB1100 will be my final project and forever bike?
 
You can own more than one bike you know. :P
 
He's been bitten hard! That bike is going to look, run and SOUND great!
I've probably easily spent another $5k on personalizing the DLX and it's worth every penny to me.
I mentioned in an earlier post on another thread, the CB makes me smile every time I see it, every time I ride it, every time someone hollers "nice bike" at stop lights and every time I stop at a dealer regardless of brand and the sales guys come out and tell me how great it looks and somebody wants to take a picture (or 5).
So make it exactly like you want it, and enjoy!
Congrats on the new bike Ron!
 
Thread starter
Thanks to all!

Popgun - RLETS were just ordered. How can I go anywhere without this forum's hottest accessory? I hear they make you go faster too!
 
Ron in MO_imp said:
Thanks to all!

Popgun - RLETS were just ordered. How can I go anywhere without this forum's hottest accessory? I hear they make you go faster too!
Right there you'll gain 1.75 hp! True story...

:cool:
 
Ron in MO_imp said:
I have very quickly learned so much about the CB1100 with the posts and help from fellow forum members, so now the fun begins!

On Thursday I will pick up this very nice 2013 CB1100 and will immediately start personalizing it to my own taste.

Inspired by forum members Chip Beck and Papa Weeley, today I ordered a color matched Road Comet fairing, side panels and sport front fender. I also ordered the "Chip Beck" replica Corbin seat, a Lucas tail light / license holder, Lockhart Phillips turn signals, Honda OEM heated grips, CB500F mirrors and a Pilot chrome chain guard.

I purchased 2014 CB1100 DLX 4into2 exhaust header from Motogeezer, then ordered a set of Over Racing stainless slip on mufflers to enhance symmetry and sound.

Lastly, I working with Seventh Gear Design to pick up their 37T rear and 19T front steel sprocket set.

Installing all of these new goodies should keep me busy until our winter weather moves out and I finally get some regular riding in.

I'll post updates as I progress with these changes and will also give my first riding impressions.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
wow! cant wait to see the finished product...keep the pics coming when you start. good luck and welcome!
 
Thread starter
Brookland27_imp said:
Can you just mount the DLX 4 into 2 headers on a standard? I am assuming you'll have to do some mounting point magic?
I have the factory service manual that covers both years of US models and it looks like I have two challenges. First is that the center stand on the DLX is different than on the 2013 models.

The forum member I bought the headers from also included the DLX center stand and with the purchase of a 2014 spring bracket, plus a little work to mount the bracket and that problem will be fixed.

With the second problem I will need to fabricate a mid frame support mount for the left exhaust header. I will post my solution when I start on this change. Right now, I'm waiting on the delivery of some OEM nuts and bolts, plus the Over Racing slip on stainless steel mufflers from Samurider, so it will be after the holidays.
 
Back
Top