Box open ceremony, last winter.

Congrats

Love the huge picture which I believe is Mike "the bike" Hailwood on the number 7 Honda at the 1961 Isle of Man races on the side of the building
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Congrats

Love the huge picture which I believe is Mike "the bike" Hailwood on the number 7 Honda at the 1961 Isle of Man races on the side of the building
Great. How did you see that picture?
Yap. Mike is my hero.
 
I'm kind of an enthusiast and motorcycle historian. I love that stuff.

he's a lot of people's hero's. In the top 3 greatest riders of all time along with Giacomo and Valentino.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
I'm kind of an enthusiast and motorcycle historian. I love that stuff.

he's a lot of people's hero's. In the top 3 greatest riders of all time along with Giacomo and Valentino.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
 
Actually unless you are older than you look I'm surprised you are a Hailwood fan, as surely he was done racing by the time you were born. Except for 2 Isle of Man appearances in 78 and 79, he was done racing in 1967.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Actually unless you are older than you look I'm surprised you are a Hailwood fan, as surely he was done racing by the time you were born. Except for 2 Isle of Man appearances in 78 and 79, he was done racing in 1967.
I was born in 1971 and he passed away in 1981.
To me, there is not another reason to buy Japanese bike without Mike who chose Honda.
As you know, Korea had been Japanese colony from 1910 to 1945.

Pauli I had to delete some of your post, we don't do politics here..we do motorcycles. I understand though.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
That's right.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
paulyi_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I was born in 1971 and he passed away in 1981.
To me, there is not another reason to buy Japanese bike without Mike who chose Honda.
As you know, Korea had been Japanese colony from 1910 to 1945.

Pauli I had to delete some of your post, we don't do politics here..we do motorcycles. I understand though.
I was born in 1971 and he passed away in 1981.
To me, there is not another reason to buy Japanese bike without Mike who chose Honda.
As you know, Korea had been Japanese colony from 1910 to 1945.

Pauli I had to delete some of your post, we don't do politics here..we do motorcycles. I understand though.
I understand you.
I'm sorry to be out of control.
 
No apologies necessary. All nationalities of men have done horrible things to all other nationalities of men. We try and not dwell on that here, just celebrate that no matter the nationality, we can all come together over motorcycles. We have members from close to 25 countries. That's as amazing thing, all brought together by our love of the CB 1100.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
No apologies necessary. All nationalities of men have done horrible things to all other nationalities of men. We try and not dwell on that here, just celebrate that no matter the nationality, we can all come together over motorcycles. We have members from close to 25 countries. That's as amazing thing, all brought together by our love of the CB 1100.
:clap::clap::clap:
 
Thank you for posting the picture of the CB still in the metal crate. I had never seen a Honda crated bike before.
Last year I reported here that the exhaust pipes on my CB were damaged where they curve under the bike, apparently, from either during the loading into the crate frame or when being removed.
The dents and marks were not fresh so I'm pretty sure it happened during the crating.
Looking at the framework of the metal cage I can see how that might happen.
The dealership replaced the pipes and I was once again a happy camper so it was only a minor inconvenience.
 
I'm pushing my ability to recall here, but didn't someone else say their pipes were damaged and they thought it was from the dealer not cleaning off some type of protective grease or coating of some kind during the pre-delivery prep? My eyes don't see anything on the pipes that look like a coating- unless they are wrapped with some of that clear plastic?
 
There was a pre delivery bulletin from Honda called the Wrench and it said part of the pre delivery prep was to wash the protective coating off the exhaust with soap and water before delivery. Not sure what kind of damage it could have caused? Discoloration maybe?
 
The ferret_imp said:
There was a pre delivery bulletin from Honda called the Wrench and it said part of the pre delivery prep was to wash the protective coating off the exhaust with soap and water before delivery. Not sure what kind of damage it could have caused? Discoloration maybe?
Yeah, I recall they were discolored or stained.
 
Back
Top