Both hands goes numb after riding for an hour or so

peterbaron_imp said:
^^, really, maybe there was now problem or normal characteristic at certain rpm????
After one hour of riding I’d loose feeling in my right hand almost completely. Sold the bike picked up another and haven’t experienced that issue again.
 
I'm subject to getting a cramp in my left leg on longer rides, but now I take a little pounder along. It looks like a golf ball on a spring screwed into a wood handle, and whack myself with it after the ride, and sometimes before and even during. We stop at an overlook, I have my device handy. I also use a percussive massager on my lower back or anywhere it hurts. Several years ago, I began to experience numbness and tingling in my left foot. It felt like there was a wrinkle in my sock or a pebble in my boot, and for a long time I kept futzing with boots, inner soles, all kinds of things, until I was at the docs office for something else and mentioned it. Neuropathy, he said. WTH? Never heard of it, but I got educated real quick. I put the massager on the floor, right next to a hassock, held it there with my right foot and ran the bottom of my left foot over that thing for five minutes every day. In less than a week I could tell a difference, and at the end of two weeks, the numbness and tingling were very much reduced. The vibration increases blood flow and rejuvenates the nerves.
 
AZMotorgod_imp said:
Honda_Fan-

Same year/ make/ model, or a different kind of bike altogether?
2014 standard
mrded_imp said:
Honda_Fan_imp said:
I sold my bike because of this problem.

That’s little bit an extreme. I’m sure there are multiple ways to solve that problem without changing a bike.

That’s little bit an extreme. I’m sure there are multiple ways to solve that problem without changing a bike.
It was time for something new. I got a tmax rode for a year and sold it regretfully so now I’m in the market for triumph tiger
 
Thank you, Houtman. You’ve saved me having to delete them.
 
Just keep in mind any multicylinder bike you'll get a certain buzz. I get it on a Valkyrie and that thing is like butter.

A lot of oldtimers and Ironbutt guys do the thicker grip and heavy barend thing. Also sometimes finding your personal handlebar remedy. Everyone is different It isn't cheap but it might solve your issue.

As for bars many go high. I discovered going lower worked for me better.. Just depends.
 
Last few rides, I've had my GoPro mounted to the right side of my handlebars. at certain rpms, you can hear and see the buzz of the bars in the video. That buzz at 70ish mph is enough to lightly numb my hands through my sport gloves in my 30 minute ride. I'll try and post a short clip later.
 
Back
Top