Born to Run...EBR

Capo

Road warrior
Thread starter
Hey, CB'ers, you might have heard that Eric Buell Racing was bought out of bankruptcy by a dude in Jersey who came out of left field. Well, I tracked him down, he's a local, and it proved to be quite an interesting story. I was tasked by Motorcycle.com to get the scoop, and here it is...hope you enjoy:

The Man Who Bought Buell: Bruce Belfer
 
Awesome article. I've been excited about this since news of the resurrection first came out -- nice to read such a detailed piece about the man behind it.
 
Good read. Capo. It IS going to be interesting. Mr Fiercely Independant is going to run head first into Mr Business who controls the purse strings.. Concessions are going to have to be made. Like he said he won't let racing take down the business and EB has always considered racing to be the lifeblood of the business.

Going to be interesting.
 
So..are they staying in WI? He didn't really answer that part of the question unless I missed something.
 
Thanks Capo, well written.

The key words: “America needs another cruiser manufacturer
like it needs a hole in its head.”

That's encouraging. A serious U.S. contender for the wider motorcycle market, combined with a racing presence. That's been the stuff of dreams that have, too often, turned to nightmares. Maybe this time dreams will become reality. Let's hope so.

Cheers
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
So..are they staying in WI? He didn't really answer that part of the question unless I missed something.
No concrete plans yet, there aren't many Buell employees left there, and he has a huge building in NJ, but lots of work to do first.
 
Either way is fine, but East Troy WI is just a pleasant 3 hour ride in the country for me, so I'm hoping the plant stays
 
Great report Capo. Let's hope he can make a go of it.
 
Another well written and interesting piece Capo. Thanks.

As always keep us updated on this continuing story
 
Very informative!... chuckled at the phrase: "smoking the drapes"... Do hope they succeed in this saga... talk about tenacity/stress!
 
Thanks again, Capo. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
 
Capo, good stuff. I read those pieces and had no idea the author was one of us. How cool!

Would you mind sharing anything on how you came to write for Motorcycle.com? I have always had a fantasy of being a freelance automotive or motorcycle journalist, but my complete lack of experience and formal education seem to be my greater barrier, perceived or otherwise.
 
That is really cool Capo! I went back and read several of your other articles on motorcycle.com (Isle of Mann, Cool and Unusual Motorcycles etc). Very impressed, and great writing skills (go figure). Keep up the great work.
 
Back
Top