Boots

Rexburgtom_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
So, any recommendation of footwear for comfortable touring? I'm very particular about such things because I'm 6'-2", and have a size 13 foot with a H (EEEEE) width. In the past I've worn Stylmartin or Alpinestars that were too tight, or have gone to just leather lace ups.
 
Check out Daytona Boots. Daytona Boots | Premium Motorcycle Boots - RevZilla They are hand made in Germany with natural leather uppers, and are CE rated. They are not cheap, but the Roadstar GTX touring boot is available in a 47 ( U.S. 13 ) WIDE. Daytona is one of the few manufacturers that I am aware of that has narrow, medium, and wide widths. I have the Daytona Arrow Sport GTX boots that are 3/4 height, and am very satisfied with them. Revzilla has a very liberal return policy, so you can try them on if there is not a Daytona dealer near you, and you can send them back for a full refund if you do not like them or they do not fit right.
 
Thread starter
Thank you, Popgun, but nothing from Helmet House will ever touch my skin again. I once met the owner, a big Yankee fan, myself too. In a casual social setting I discovered he was a baseball fan and tried to engage him in conversation. After a few awkward minutes he just walked away while I was speaking. My wife asked me who was that grumpy, rude old man? I explained that he was in the motorcycle business, and she said that he didn't even look Japanese! Ha ha...
 
I'm a Sidi man myself. Picked up some SIDI Canyon Gore-Tex Boots when my feet out grew my Sidi Adventure boots (they were also too stiff for the CB1100 and I'd ride the rear brake and not know it.

I tend to hike a bit after riding so that bias's my choices. I have some Tourmaster touring boots around here and they are good, just not that good for walking. Not quite the protection my Sidi's have offered eiher.
 
If you can not get the Daytona boots in your size from Revzilla, you can order them directly from Germany AND safe a lot of money. ( That is what I did )
 
Puma and Alpinestars have worked for me and served well. The Alpinestars gets the edge in waterproof performance. I found both brands quite walkable for m/c boots. Obviously words are not enough. One needs to try boots on.
 
Daytona! That's what i wear. Water-proof but low maintenance. Last at least the next 10 years.
 
I have very wide Fred Flintsone feet. I like Wolverine boots. They are not motorcycle specific but they do come in wide widths in non steel toe styles.
 
Boot threads are almost like an oil thread :D :D
I have a pair of waterproof Triumph boots made by Alpinestars. I've had them since 2009 and they have held up great. They fit me beautifully and the zippers have never failed.
I've had several makes of boots in the past 27 years, but these are the best pair.
 
It took some research to find the features that I wanted. I now wear Falco Tourance 2 boots. They check all the boxes: Full boot with leather uppers, D3O armor like my Klim gear, Vibram sole, waterproof, reinforced shifter patch on the toe. They come in EU sizes up 48, which is 14 in U.S. I bought them from Motostorm in Italy, and even with shipping they were significantly cheaper than U.S. retailers. The only thing is that the footbed is pretty flat, and I have high arches. So I replaced the insoles with the same kind I use for my cowboy boots. They're perfect, now.

Here's a link to a video review, if you're interested:
 
Rocky_imp said:
Boot threads are almost like an oil thread :D :D
I have a pair of waterproof Triumph boots made by Alpinestars. I've had them since 2009 and they have held up great. They fit me beautifully and the zippers have never failed.
I've had several makes of boots in the past 27 years, but these are the best pair.
My primary gear is Triumph branded. I find the quality, performance and fashion in very good balance.
 
Use Daytona GTX boots for many years now.
If you ride a lot and also walk in your boots, the rubber sole wears out after some years and the rubber protection on the upper side near your toes also will get loose. The boots are comfortable to wear after a while, loose their stiffness and are waterproof as long as you don't try to fix the above mentioned by yourself with a needle and ....Bought a second pair when they were lowered in price and use it switching between both. On tour I prefer to take the newer ones. Only in hot weather they are bit too warm.

Wisedrum
 
I tend to wear something that is functional and comfortable both on and off the bike. For years I wore a pair of Red Wing Remingtons (the break-in was hell) then went to a pair of Sante Fe square toe. When rode my heel-shifted Kawi Nomad, I experimented with cowboy boots, but the soles were too slippery. I've also tried hi-top basketball shoes (not a very good riding choice), and several pair of work boots. I tried a pair of service boots, but all those laces were a hassle. My current footwear is an inexpensive low-rise work boot with a zipper and shallow lugs.
 
kennyw_imp said:
I have been wearing Red Wing 11 inch, pull-on steel toes that are also waterproof. Also size 13 but a little narrower at EE. They took a couple months to break in, but are very comfortable wearing anywhere after that.

https://www.redwingshoes.com/footwe...lic-toe,Pull-On,red-wing-waterproof,steel-toe
Great topic, since I have been looking for a dedicated riding boot for a while!

I too wear a pair of pull on Red Wings but I am ruining them with the "shifter mark" since I wear those boots a lot other than riding.

I have considered this old style Red Wing Style #202, not the most fashionable, but they are crazy comfortable and the mahogany color is cool to me they come in 6" and 8" (#402) and have the "supersole".
SuperSole® | RedWing

My buddy who rides a lot (Big Dog, Harley and two Triumphs) swears by Gasolina boots and has two pair. I am tempted on these and I am either going to get these, really a good deal for hand made/custom. Or I am going to get the Red Wings, USA made. Gasolina Boots - Welcome Page - Gasolina Boots

Another option I saw is a Carhartt, that is waterproof and fairly inexpensive but Made in China.
https://www.carhartt.com/products/c...n-s-6-inch-Brown-Waterproof-Work-Boot-CMW6197

I have been looking/analyzing too long on this purchase!
 
Back
Top