rboe
Road warrior
No matter how good a bike is, if it doesn't fit, it's no good for you. Glad you didn't get seduced and went with what fit and not the pretty face. 

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

A440_imp said:I don't disagree with anything said here, but as someone who sat on both the CB and the Bonneville at the dealer, then purchased the Bonneville, here's my perspective.
The CB seemed the better deal: at the end of last season, there were a lot of non-abs 2013 CB1100s at dealers, and the sales staff said they'd been sitting around, so I assume I could have negotiated a good price. The CB came with tach and center stand, and these were accessories for the base Bonneville. The Honda seemed like more of a bike.
In addition, after finding this forum and all of the interesting people on it, I wanted to join the club. But the Bonneville fit me better. My inseam, crotch to floor, is 30 inches, and the mag wheel Bonnie has a 29 inch seat height. The extra height of the CB, along with a little extra weight, made it feel like more than I could handle. At the time, I had been riding for a little more than a year.
The Bonneville has been a good bike for me. It has great handling on mountain roads, is stable at legal highway speeds, gets me into the open air and makes me smile.hy:I just completed a trouble-free 4500-mile trip.

Unfortunately, unlike many riders here, I only have room for one bike, and it sleeps in the same parking space in with my car. But I have enjoyed all of the pictures of full stables of others.Tripod_imp said:If you like the looks of the Bonnie, you may want to check out the Kawasaki W650. It has somewhat of a cult following and gets excellent reviews, even in England. In fact, many reviews claim that the W650 is a better Bonneville than the Bonneville. I believe they were only imported into the US in 2000 and 2001.
I will agree with what a number of the other posters have stated: If I could only have one bike, I would choose the CB1100. I am fortunate to be able to have more than one bike, so I have both. I put a sidecar on my Bonnie.
Its the fact that there is WAY too much if it.Cormanus_imp said:I'm with you, A440. It's not just room to park; it's room in my wallet!

I've just had a crisis.Insolentsquid_imp said:Interesting to read the comments about the bike fitting.
I have owned Jeeps and Mercedes vehicles and have felt their seats to be initially flat and unyielding - pretty much the way I feel about the CB's seat, a week into ownership.
From experience, I know that over time those seats, and my arse (ass) come to fit each other just fine.
I hope, and expect the same will happen with the CB.
My arse (ass) of course, will now need to be a little more accommodating and flexible (I'VE TOLD YOU BEFORE ABOUT SNIGGERING IN THE BACK THERE) to deal with jumping from car to bike.
Henrik, are you still going to buy the BMW when it is available?Henrik_imp said:A while back I really wanted a Bonnie as I thought it looked great. When I then got around to spending some time on it, I was actually really disappointed for a number of reasons. The main problem for me though was the engine which I thought lacked both power and feeling. So, then I started looking at the Kawasaki W800, which is equally good looking. Here the engine was much nicer, but in the end I also found it lacked power.
What I wanted initially was the Ducati 1000 GT, which has a very competent chassis and a great air-cooled twin. The problem here is that they don't make them any more, and second hands are hard to come by. So, on the Italian front I then tested the Guzzi V7. For me this one fell in the category of the Bonnie and the W800. Well Guzzi also makes the Griso which was actually really nice. Still, as much as I like the Griso, it just was not quite right.
Then I tried the new BMW R nine T. Wow!! That bike was just perfect. I love the looks, and it was just amazing to ride. Having sold my Moto Morini Corsaro, I went to buy the Beemer. Unfortunately the earliest I could get one would be next year, so no deal.
That is when I decided to try the CB1100. I remember when Honda had the prototype on show a number of years back, and that I liked the looks. The thing is, I have never been much for four in lines. Somehow, twins just seem to be the perfect engine for bikes. Since I was getting a bit desperate for a new bike, I decided to have a go on the Honda nevertheless. Well, one word: perfection!
As a kid in the 70's I would dream of a CB 750, and I still think that is one of the most beautiful bikes ever. The CB1100 reproduces that look perfectly, but with a slightly modern twist to it. It is a real quality bike that rides like a dream. It is exactly what I wanted now.