Bolt won't budge

pittycheria_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
So I have been trying to install OEM crash guards on my 2017. The bolt on the frame will not budge. This is the second one down (black bolt) on the frame. Dumb question, it's counter clockwise for loosen right ?!! - any ideas how I can open this bolt. It's a 14mm , I am using a socket and ratchet.

Successfully completed by 600 mile oil change , super easy.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
pittycheria_imp said:
So I have been trying to install OEM crash guards on my 2017. The bolt on the frame will not budge. This is the second one down (black bolt) on the frame. Dumb question, it's counter clockwise for loosen right ?!! - any ideas how I can open this bolt. It's a 14mm , I am using a socket and ratchet.

Successfully completed by 600 mile oil change , super easy.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Loosen the nut first
 
Thread starter
Shows what a dufus I am , had to loosen nut first !- thank you houtman
7f0e586f01b4bb89b8d6145f589bb48c.png
19e0477676053ab14408b3722694d42b.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I did the same thing installing mine. I'm a member of the club too.
 
The bolt has the torque of the nut plus the weight of the engine, plus friction in the misaligned holes stopping it from turning. Loosening the nut helps remove two of the three forces.
 
Thread starter
kennyw_imp said:
The bolt has the torque of the nut plus the weight of the engine, plus friction in the misaligned holes stopping it from turning. Loosening the nut helps remove two of the three forces.

Thanks makes sense and brings memories of physics class !


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top