2017EX_imp
Been there
Thread starter
My "Better Half" says I am anal retentive when it comes to my machines and other projects, so I initially hesitated to post my little Mod here. But bolstered by the creativity of others here, decided what the heck, why not. I recently installed SW-Motech case save bars on my bike, and they included black plastic nut/bolt head domed covers. I liked the clean unobtrusive look and initially wanted spares, but could not find them. Then I found them on EBay, listed as "Black Domed Plastic Nut / Bolt Cover Caps", out of China. The material is actually more like a black nylon. It was about $2.50 U.S. for each pack of 10, of each size that was needed, including shipping! They are also available out of the UK on EBay, but more expensive, particularly the shipping. The engine bolts/nuts use "spanner" sizes 17 and 14mm, and are the two sizes needed. I have included before and after pictures of the right side, rear engine hanger bolt/nut heads, plus there is one rear 17mm hanger bolt head on the left side that I capped but did not photograph. They press straight on tightly. To remove grip with a piece of rubber and pull straight off. A very inexpensive, easy, and clean Mod I think. Enjoy.