BMW makes a Maintenance Free Chain

Wow, this is a fantastic, maintenance free chain...no more lube or dirty rear wheel.
Very sure a large number of members will like this design, especially friends from Australia...and many more.

Good stuff Cbolling :thumbsup:
 
Hope it's better than their lifetime maintenance free shaft pumpkins..

Just kidding. It could be a game changer, but my question is it doesnt stretch or need adjustment and it lasts forever? If so that's pretty impressive.
 
I think they are saying there is no cleaning/lubricating the chain. But I'm sure that it will still wear and stretch unevenly.
 
Well there is a chain adjuster in the picture
 
IMHO a chain adjuster is primarily used as a chain stretching compensator, secondly for a wear.
 
Chain stretching compensator? Lol never heard one called that before, but as good a term as any I suppose
 
...like flux compensator?
958e05823529282ab71bf66135d9c837.png


Gesendet von meinem Pixel 4 mit Tapatalk
 
Turn each adjusting screw 2.1 gigawatts to the left, making sure that the alignment marks on both sides are even. Then, torque the axle nut to 83 lb pounds.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Turn each adjusting screw 2.1 gigawatts to the left, making sure that the alignment marks on both sides are even. Then, torque the axle nut to 83 lb pounds.
Axle nut torque varies between years. 13 and 14 have different values ( and axle and nut sizes). Not sure about 17s
 
Did you not pick up that I was continuing the Back to the Future reference there?...

I figure if you're going to make a time machine out of a car, why not do it with some style.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Did you not pick up that I was continuing the Back to the Future reference there?...

I figure if you're going to make a time machine out of a car, why not do it with some style.
...I don't know if this comment was addressed to me? but if it were, I did not pick up anything, 'couse I am not a magnet :P:D
:beerchug:
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Oh wait, I thought Django said Flux Capacitor...
Ah, I see. That's an translation gap. In the German version of the movie it was a Flux Compensator. You picked it up all right. :cool:
 
Back
Top