Blue fuel tank?

frontrange_kg_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi everyone,

I read powdertoastman's thread that included a picture of a red and blue cb1100. Love the blue! Does anyone know how to order a blue fuel tank? I have a 2013 bike bought in the US and wonder if I can plop a blue tank in place of my red tank.

Thanks in advance!
 
Yep..pm RandyB, he put one on his.
 
It's a secret. I'm not telling....I'M THE ONLY ONE ALLOWED IN THE COUNTRY!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! ;)

I ordered it from Samurider in Japan. It was a tic under $600 shipped and you need to swap your fuel pump from your old tank. I replaced the rubber gasket, but it may not be necessary to do so. I just can't see taking the risk of not replacing it when fuel is involved.
 
Thread starter
Only one in the country !!?? That is awesome :D

Thanks for the info randy b! A few days ago I saw the picture of your bike and since then I keep thinking how much I like the blue. I saw the Canadian '14 blue version as well - wonder if i can get one from up north. Replacing the tank is much cheaper than procuring an entire bike - I think I'll look around for a tank. Thanks for the inspiration! :idea:



Fr_kg
 
Mr T told me approx. $900 new from him in Japan plus shipping. I would get the matching side covers too. I was thinking of doing it and then switching colors as my mood changes.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Swapping out the tank is not difficult, but not what I would want to do on a whim either.
And the $900 was for a black tank with the side covers. I remember seeing that on the site as well. $600 was strictly for the tank.
 
Whoa!! Wait a tic... a deep blue CB1100? What country are we in??

d6c11acf71bbf03e073720482bf3895f.jpg


IMHO, it would be hard to overstate how well the blue goes with the silver side covers.


Another shot of Randy's jewel-like tank, in direct sunlight...

ec589615ef8016abb552477c55bf679c.jpg


Like on the familiar (in U.S.) red tanks, the wing logo on the tank only shows its red center under certain lighting conditions, but against the blue background, it really pops - the contrast is pretty cool.

Still, pictures don't really capture how nice this tank looks in person.
 
Thanks Rob. I have to say this has to be one of my favorite purchases that I have made.
 
Oh my, after seeing those pictures I want that blue even more! WOW the metal flake is amazing. Oh why is there 7 colors in Japan and only 1 color in USA?
 
CLICK, CLICK! (SHOTGUN RACKING) Step AWAY from the pearl blue tank........
 
Thread starter
It seems SOMEONE in CA bought ALL of the used blue gas tanks from samurider/webbike. But, I will keep searching for the holy grail (blue version) of fuel tanks! Hmm, anyone know any good shops in Canada?
 
Oooohhhh .. The more I see blue I like it ..

I was thinking of painting the red tank to silver or even the old school "sunset orange" but Randy's blue is different and looks good in person ..

If I had spoke wheels I think I would paint it the lighter blue or sunset orange you see on the old cb-f models ..
 
Well that all depends on what you want out of the paint job. A buddy of mine painted a Kawasaki KZ 900 tank in his garage with rattle cans and it was very acceptable. He paid all of $300 for the bike that had been set up for track only use and wouldn't stay I 2nd gear, but he rode the hell out of it to the tune of about 30,000-40,000 miles before he sold it.
I digress......
So you could ejd up with anything from $50 invested in a do it yourself job, or you could spend a couple grand on a crazy high end paint job (yes, on just the tank).
If you really want t know what it would cost for a color change you really need to go fi d a GOOD body and paint shop, preferably one that is familiar with motorcycles, and get a quote.
My $.02
 
Samurider may have sold out of the gently used blue tanks, but if the "want" is deep enough and the pockets are deep as well, Takashi can order a factory new tank from Honda. Probably a small fortune.
 
Back
Top