Blinker / Horn

TwoBrothersBusa_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I started life on a CB750K. I'm remembering that the horn was on the bottom of the left cluster...Is that correct? The 2014 has the horn in the middle and blinker on the bottom.
 
Yep Honda changed it from 2013 and previous. All 2014s and up have horn now in the middle and t/s on the bottom. really messed those of us up with multiple Hondas of multiple years. I put a 13 switch on my 14. Plug amd play other than drilling a new hole for the switch lock pin.
 
Another "feature" of the 2014 horn position is that it now is very easy to sound the horn by turning the wheel left (bars swing right) and if you have a tank bag THERE SHE BLOWS!
 
Redbird_imp said:
Another "feature" of the 2014 horn position is that it now is very easy to sound the horn by turning the wheel left (bars swing right) and if you have a tank bag THERE SHE BLOWS!
Embarrassing isn't it? I had to learn to turn off the bike before moving the handlebars to the lock position, and leave it off until I unlocked it and straightened the handlebars. But then there are those tight turns getting out of a parking space. Beeeeep!

The Yamaha FZ-09 and FJ-09 are worse. With gloves on it is hard to activate the signal lights without sounding the horn.
 
This Horn button in the middle feature was pointed out to me by the dealer when picking up my CB, unfortunately for me 30+years of riding bikes with the horn on the bottom and indicator switch in the middle mean I'm tooting everyone when I come to make an indicated turn , and those twin horns on the CB are fairly loud!. :blush:
 
I think that is better to have the indicator on the bottom, you will use indicators more often than the horn and that why the button is nearer the thump.
 
TwoBrothersBusa_imp said:
Do you have part numbers and pic for that mod?

PowerDubs_imp said:
I also put 13 switches (both sides) on my 14.

Work and look MUCH better.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can take pics. But basically- unless the position of the 14+ buttons drives you crazy like it does for many of us, or you just don't like the big gray plastic and want a more old school look like I did- either setup works.

Install requires some thought as you need to half measure, half guess and drill new holes in your handle bars.
 
If you only have the one bike, ot shouldn't be an issue, you will thru repeated uses, memorize where the buttons are and be able to use them instintually. It's only when you switch back and forth between multiple bikes that it presents a problem.
 
Thread starter
I'm for funding Ferret's Photobucket account to get his pics reactivated...

I agree, I'll get used to the switches but for now they are backwards.
 
Not the first time I've been snookered by computer stuff ( google Ferret's Archery Web Page) . Lost a whole MSN website years ago with a ton of tutorials and pictures on building bows, arrows, making bowstrings, an arrow rest I invented, a quiver I invented, backing bows with snake skins, stripping turkey feather for fletching, making arrow heads etc). After doing all the work, losing it kind of takes the wind out of your sails.
 
Back
Top