Black side covers

I'm ordering a large PD kit and hope to be changing the color of tank, covers and fenders the weekend after next.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
In the VW community, it is WIDELY used and other than degradation, it has no downside.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
 
Red, did you take off the CB1100 badge or did you mask it up? If you took it off, how did you do it cos I guess it is glued on?
 
Those look great, i paid $220 for those in black. I tried painting mine, they came out good but had a few hot spots (shiny spots) and decided to buy them. How is the finish??
 
I'm with CIP I would like to see both side covers off the bike with good pics of them. One the bike that cover looks great in that pic
 
Clean with alcohol. Your first coat should be only about 50 percent coverage (very light dusting). Dries in 10 minutes. Go a little heavier, dry, repeat.

Red, did you tape off the emblem? I imagine no. Typically, you just peel off what you don't want dipped. Ive seen guys spray whole cars. No tape on anything. It's quicker to peel dip off windows than it is to tape off windows.
 
Thread starter
B166er_imp said:
Clean with alcohol. Your first coat should be only about 50 percent coverage (very light dusting). Dries in 10 minutes. Go a little heavier, dry, repeat.

Red, did you tape off the emblem? I imagine no. Typically, you just peel off what you don't want dipped. Ive seen guys spray whole cars. No tape on anything. It's quicker to peel dip off windows than it is to tape off windows.
I did not tape off emblem. If I had to do it over I would put tape over emblem. It was time consuming to remove rubber. I scored the edge with razor blade. The finish came out great, no orange peel. Smooth flat black coat. No sanding, just clean with soap and water and dry thoroughly before painting.
 
Yeah, I'm not sure you can get orange peel. You can put the early coats on too thick which can make the whole thing sag. So to speak.
 
Back
Top