Black Rear Carrier with Handles

Chapomis_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I think it was yesterday that I saw a post where someone had added a black rear rack with handles.....does anyone remember who ??? I don't
I found it !
 
Thread starter
Hmmmm. I'm looking at the Black Rack on the Rakuten site and it dosn't look like it will work on the Deluxe ? The Deluxe is an SC65 (according to my VIN) and my last 6 digits are 000024, and this is what their site says :

-Production model from the compatible models :CB1100(2014.2) [SC65-1300001-]
From the CB1100EX(2014.2 production model) [SC65-1300001-]

* CB1100 (-production model until 2014.1) [SC 65-1000001-1299999] is
Please note not available.

The CB1100 vehicle * "EX" except if compared to the attached photo of EX
Career a little back up installation state.

Last sentence makes no sense....

How would you intemperate this ?
 
If you are asking me, I don't know. Is kind of confusing I think. What does 2014.1 and .2 mean?

I looked on the Endurance site referenced in the thread and most of it is in Kanji and the translate button the have doesn't seem to do anything.

You might want to email Mr. T and ask him. That rack is not shown on his site, but that doesn't mean he can't get it. Or at least get you the info.
 
Thread starter
The numbers are confusing, I emailed Rakuten, i'll see how that goes and I will try Mr T. It should be okay as long as the bolt centers are okay. Anyone with a 14 DLX feel like measuring theirs for me ? Mine is still in a crate somewhere. I was hoping to get it to the dealer before I picked it up as I have a long haul home and don't fancy having to wear a backpack.
 
Chapomis, the critical bit of information from the VIN is missing. Your bike, a 2014 DLX, is 'SC658'. I can't find the EX model designation. The question is whether Rakuten left out the critical digit to indicate that the rack fits all models from 2014.

For what it's worth, my opinion is that the EX and DLX are the same bar the wheels.
 
Thread starter
Thanks Cormanus, I appreciate your opinion. My guess is that SC 65-1000001-1299999 are DLXs and that SC65-1300001 and up are EXs, based on Rakutens statement and the serial numbers that I have seen on other US bikes. I wouldn't be fussin over this except that I don't want a chrome rack....i'm tired of polishing chrome and I think the black rack with black engine guards will look cool !
 
Chapomis_imp said:
Thanks Cormanus, I appreciate your opinion. My guess is that SC 65-1000001-1299999 are DLXs and that SC65-1300001 and up are EXs, based on Rakutens statement and the serial numbers that I have seen on other US bikes. I wouldn't be fussin over this except that I don't want a chrome rack....i'm tired of polishing chrome and I think the black rack with black engine guards will look cool !
That's not a safe guess. The '12' and '13' in the VINs quoted by Rakunen would never appear in a genuine Honda VIN. The model designation for the CB1100 DLX a is SC658. I don't know the model designation for the EX. To be absolutely certain it will fit, you need to know that the rack fits CB1100s with VINs between JH2SC658_EK000001–JH2SC658_EK999999.

That said, my opinion continues to be that it will fit.
By the way, looks like xmike was getting the same rack. See CB1100EX - Honda rear rack - Givi monokey plate E251
 
Thread starter
Will check that out, thanks. I asked T and he dosn't sell Endurance products....bummer....he speaks good english and is very good at responding.
 
Thread starter
I ordered the Endurance Black Rear Carrier even though Rakuten wouldn't guarantee is fit on a DLX.

I installed it today and it fit perfect with no adjustments needed. It comes with spacers for both Standards and EXs(same as DLX in this case). Here's a picture of the hardware that was included. The 4 spacers on the left are for Standards and the 4 on the right are for EXs and DLXs.



[url=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/aswreed/media/Endurance%20Carrier_zpsmqwy2ozy.jpg.html]
 
Was it as easy to install as it looks?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Was it as easy to install as it looks?
Yes, pulled the seat, did the front 2 bolts first, semi-tight, then did the rear 2, tightened all, done in 15 minutes.

The only thing I don't like are the replacement bolts that Rakuten includes. Not finished looking like the stock bolts, they are just generic bolts with washers.

The rack is very nice, very strong, very clean looking. Has bungie pins on the underside pointing down. I think it makes the taillight look a bit smaller too.
Teamwalker_imp said:
I like the look of the black rack on the deluxe. If it fits, I'am thinking of getting one.
Rakuten will tell you that they will not guarantee the fit. My logic was that if it fit an EX than it should fit a DLX. So, I took a shot and it fit perfect, no adjustments, 15 min instal.
 
Thread starter
Not familiar with 1100A. Is it outfitted the same as the DLX and EX ? 4 to 2, tank etc.

The designation for mine is 1100S, but I rarely see that refered to.

Got Pictures ?
 
Back
Top