Black or Red ?

kballowe_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I sold my Red 2013 CB1100 last fall and now wish I had it back.

As luck would have it..... I found a dealer that has 2013's and 2014's in stock and there's a 1,500 difference between the two.

I'd rather have the red, but I like the idea of the updated exhaust and the six speed transmission on the black (2014) one.

Anyone?

Also, do the accessories such as engine guards, seats, rear rack interchange between the two year models?

Thanks
 
This is a question only you have the answer for. I love my 2013 in red and having the updates of a 2014 would be nice but not enough for me to trade "up". If I did a lot of freeway riding a six speed would be a real bonus. I have no serious need of a gear indicator and I much prefer the single exhaust.
 
kballowe_imp said:
I sold my Red 2013 CB1100 last fall and now wish I had it back.

As luck would have it..... I found a dealer that has 2013's and 2014's in stock and there's a 1,500 difference between the two.

I'd rather have the red, but I like the idea of the updated exhaust and the six speed transmission on the black (2014) one.

Anyone?

Also, do the accessories such as engine guards, seats, rear rack interchange between the two year models?

Thanks
Gentlemen,

Is the exhaust different on the 2013 and 2014 standard black model? They look exactly the same to me?!?

Chip
 
The red 2013 and black 2014 have the same exhaust. The only updating on the 2014 is the 6 speed trans, and the new instrument (black face on the black bike) with digital gear indicator, and fuel computer. And I believe the 14 std also got the 120 mph gauge instead of the 13's 140 mph gauge. the 13 is more colorful the 14 is more purposeful.
 
I agree with redbirds. The added gear and the wonderfully symmetrical exhaust are great, but I don't find them worth $1500. The only item I would want that would be worth $1500 to me is ABS, but the 2014 black does not have that available, as far as I know.

The rear rack is for sure NOT interchangeable. Not sure about the other items.

Good luck and remember the old saying "once you go red....." (or something like that)
 
EmptySea_imp said:
I agree with redbirds. The added gear and the wonderfully symmetrical exhaust are great, but I don't find them worth $1500. The only item I would want that would be worth $1500 to me is ABS, but the 2014 black does not have that available, as far as I know.

The rear rack is for sure NOT interchangeable. Not sure about the other items.

Good luck and remember the old saying "once you go red....." (or something like that)
Again, no symmetrical exhaust on the black 14 and ironically the only std ABS was available on was the red 13 ( but they are rare)
 
When I replied, redbird's was the only other response. Shows y'all how slow I type. LOL

And I am at work, which probably had an effect on my memory of the exhaust on the 2014 Std. My apologies for my confusion.
 
Yea, redbirds got you all sidetracked with that preferring single exhaust comment... It's redbirds fault!
 
Thread starter
What I should PROBABLY have said was "is there THAT big of a difference in the 14's that I would want to spend the extra $$$" ???

I LIKE the red,

Don't care about the 6-speed or any other extra functions on the instrument cluster.

It's for 2-lane riding, and occasional interstate short runs We have a couple other bikes for interstate duty
 
kballowe_imp said:
What I should PROBABLY have said was "is there THAT big of a difference in the 14's that I would want to spend the extra $$$" ???

I LIKE the red,

Don't care about the 6-speed or any other extra functions on the instrument cluster.

It's for 2-lane riding, and occasional interstate short runs We have a couple other bikes for interstate duty

Not in my opinion, but that's for you to decide. It may make a difference when you go to resell, but hopefully you will keep this one longer.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Buy the red and spend the $1500 on getting down to Deal's Gap for the CB1100 Rally :)

:thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
When I had the last one.... there were virtually no accessories available. I see that there's some nice stuff now.
What I really need is a set of engine guards and a rear rack, plus a more comfortable seat.

A little nose fairing would also be nice.

:-)
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
Buy the red and spend the $1500 on getting down to Deal's Gap for the CB1100 Rally :)
When is that? And it wouldn't take $1,500 to get there..... being only 600 miles from here.

Been there a few times on a couple of bikes..
.
.
c36b2c1b18a8357e86fc1389a3b8d4c3.jpg

118be3230a55094e93228feb3e0db5cb.jpg

892e01cdc4f76b5d96d94c53372e2c41.jpg
 
Back
Top