Black OEM Levers from Honda?????

2014ltdltz

First service completed
Thread starter
Anyone know if there is an OEM Honda brake and clutch lever in BLACK (whole lever, not just the beloved RLET) which will work on the CB1100? If one not made specifically for the CB1100, is there one from another bike which will work without modifications? Hoping to avoid the aftermarket MIC (made in China) levers. Thanks in advance.
 
Over the winter if you are not going to be riding, you could investigate having your levers Powder Koted, or black Aluminum Anodized. Between the two black Anodize would be the preferred method, because it is not as thick as Powder Kote, and probably a bit more durable. Powder Koters are usually fairly easy to find, not so much shops that do Anodize. Hemmings motor News is a good source for specialty services like Anodize.
 
What the heck is koting? :)

Powder coating is MUCH more durable than anodizing- which is only a very thin layer and fades quickly with the sun.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the suggestions. I keep my local powdercoater quite busy (some CB1100 pieces there now). Before going the coating route, I try to find an existing part that meets my needs, if available, rather than reinvent the wheel, so to speak (hence, my start of this string). I am in AZ, so winter IS my riding season - I'd rather NOT have the bike apart during that time.
 
Looks like that CBR has a cable clutch. Wouldn’t that make the levers different from ours?
 
It would, milord.
 
I installed some Vortex shorty levers that were an easy swap. They're anondized black. Not sure of where they were manufactured, though.
 
Back
Top