Black model with Fehling rack and Baggster tank cover

Dropped it? Aww crap!

Pics are nice though!
 
I also mounted the Fehling rack, it fits perfectly to the CB 1100, I think.
I saw the tank cover already in a web shop, but it is not my kinda thing. ;)

Dropped it: The good out of the bad is that you now have some "before images"...
 
That's veryrt cover on your tank! At first I though it was flat black paint. Where'd you get that, how much was it?

I'm always nervous going on and off the center stand. The first time I did it I had a buddy stand on the other side to "spot" me while I got a feel for this bike. Its pretty dynamic when it snaps up!
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
That's veryrt cover on your tank! At first I though it was flat black paint. Where'd you get that, how much was it?

I'm always nervous going on and off the center stand. The first time I did it I had a buddy stand on the other side to "spot" me while I got a feel for this bike. Its pretty dynamic when it snaps up!
Maybe I am stupid but I cannot manage going on the center stand while I am still on the bike. Instead, I use the side stand, go off and pull the bike onto the center stand while I stay on the left side and hold the handle bar with my left hand and underneath the back seat with my right hand. This works. After that I put the side stand aside.
Going off the center stand while sitting on the bike (before I start riding) is not a problem for me.
 
ingobohn_imp said:
I also mounted the Fehling rack, it fits perfectly to the CB 1100, I think.
I saw the tank cover already in a web shop, but it is not my kinda thing. ;)

Dropped it: The good out of the bad is that you now have some "before images"...
I generally don't care for luggage racks ( and especially sissy bars ) but I do like that one for some reason. Looks good on there.

Does the tank cover cover the entire tank?
 
ingobohn_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
That's veryrt cover on your tank! At first I though it was flat black paint. Where'd you get that, how much was it?

I'm always nervous going on and off the center stand. The first time I did it I had a buddy stand on the other side to "spot" me while I got a feel for this bike. Its pretty dynamic when it snaps up!
Maybe I am stupid but I cannot manage going on the center stand while I am still on the bike. Instead, I use the side stand, go off and pull the bike onto the center stand while I stay on the left side and hold the handle bar with my left hand and underneath the back seat with my right hand. This works. After that I put the side stand aside.
Going off the center stand while sitting on the bike (before I start riding) is not a problem for me.
I do the same but I stand the bike up and collapse the side stand before pulling it onto the center stand. I usually take the bike off the center stand and put it back on the side stand before I mount up.

This is mostly because I have to park in an outdoor parking lot in front of my car...there's a lot of finagling to be had to get her in and out.
 
The ferret_imp said:
ingobohn_imp said:
I also mounted the Fehling rack, it fits perfectly to the CB 1100, I think.
I saw the tank cover already in a web shop, but it is not my kinda thing. ;)

Dropped it: The good out of the bad is that you now have some "before images"...
I generally don't care for luggage racks ( and especially sissy bars ) but I do like that one for some reason. Looks good on there.

Does the tank cover cover the entire tank?
Seems so. I found a pic (in the [url=http://cb-1100.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=243]German CB 1100 forum) which shows the bagster tank cover on a black :D CB 1100 (not mine). It even has mounts/buckles/adapters /... (sorry, don't know the correct english word for these thingies) to attach a tank bag directly onto the tank cover (i.e. tank bag "Sherpa" with 40 L).
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Dropped it? Aww crap!

Pics are nice though!
I was just too stupid... I should have never used the center stand on this type of ground stones. I did it for a better picture... When I tried to put it back from the stand, the stand slipped from the stone at one side, sticking into the very soft ground in the holes. Then it tilt to the right and then... it's a damned heavy beast.

For whose interested in the cover:
It is from Bagster, covers the whole tank and I like the look very much, especially with the black model. Looks like classy leather, but it is synthetic and very robust (not any sratch after my 'dropping event'). It is also available in red and white (but I guess it looks best in black). You can easlily mount a wide range of Bagster tank bags on it. Don't know the US prices, but I paid about 120 Euro (including 19% VAT, like always in Germany). Here some more pictures of the cover:

Dropbox - Error - Simplify your life
Dropbox - Error - Simplify your life
Dropbox - Error - Simplify your life
Dropbox - Error - Simplify your life
Dropbox - Error - Simplify your life
 
Looks like a real nice fit. Wonder if those wanting a black cb 1100 here in the states would be happy with that solution?
 
Thread starter
Not sure... You will see some red color round the Honda logo and at the lower edge where the cover ends. You can see this best on the first picture above.
 
Love that black CB11!

I'm very happy with my red one, but....., would love to have the choice.
Sorry to hear that you dropped it, bummer. Hope the damage was kept to a minimum.

Regards
 
Back
Top