Black is Beautiful!!

Papa Weeley_imp said:
^ I believe those are the factory CB500 mirrors.
Perfect, thanks! I just put my factory mirrors back on, and I kinda really like them again! Got tired of my bar end mirrors making it harder to filter between cars. Currently waiting on a pair of black mirrors from Hoosier Garage though, we'll see...
 
I have to say that my red CB11 is the most beautiful bike I've ever owned, and I really wasn't at all interested in the black model when it came out (no offense to all of our black owners - just different strokes for different folks :D ). But after seeing this Mugen bike, I've suddenly got a hankering for doing this to a black version (though in my head, I'd add silver side covers to match all the other silver-ish stuff):


:worship:
c-breezy_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Perfect, thanks! I just put my factory mirrors back on, and I kinda really like them again! Got tired of my bar end mirrors making it harder to filter between cars. Currently waiting on a pair of black mirrors from Hoosier Garage though, we'll see...
Perfect, thanks! I just put my factory mirrors back on, and I kinda really like them again! Got tired of my bar end mirrors making it harder to filter between cars. Currently waiting on a pair of black mirrors from Hoosier Garage though, we'll see...
I only knew because I've got them, too. :D

[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2015-6-22%20050_zpspzowttin.jpg.html]
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
I have to say that my red CB11 is the most beautiful bike I've ever owned, and I really wasn't at all interested in the black model when it came out (no offense to all of our black owners - just different strokes for different folks :D ). But after seeing this Mugen bike, I've suddenly got a hankering for doing this to a black version (though in my head, I'd add silver side covers to match all the other silver-ish stuff):


:worship:
c-breezy_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Perfect, thanks! I just put my factory mirrors back on, and I kinda really like them again! Got tired of my bar end mirrors making it harder to filter between cars. Currently waiting on a pair of black mirrors from Hoosier Garage though, we'll see...
Perfect, thanks! I just put my factory mirrors back on, and I kinda really like them again! Got tired of my bar end mirrors making it harder to filter between cars. Currently waiting on a pair of black mirrors from Hoosier Garage though, we'll see...
I only knew because I've got them, too. :D

[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2015-6-22%20050_zpspzowttin.jpg.html]

Ah, no wonder! Nice CB500(-X?) too btw. :beerchug:
 
WhiskeyUSMC1979_imp said:
6e4a9e556b3d086d8cd13b6ac7f7e6b8.jpg

d6f5d5a85785587b1cecf1cb3b1ba84f.jpg


Had the bike about 2 weeks now. Fenders, mirrors, headlight trim and brackets, and tail light bracket already blacked out. Still need to do the turn signals and swap the bar for the CB500 black bar. All the chrome has been coated with Plasti-Dip. I love the look and love the fact that I can go back to the chrome easily if I wish.
I'm pretty sure you've changed stuff on your bike since this post, but how did the Plasti-Dip hold up on the mirrors/fenders/etc?
 
Plasti-Dip is doing well. The only thing I've changed is the bars and mirrors. Went with Renthal bars and bar end mirrors. Everything else is still coated OEM parts. Don't have the funds for new fenders right now. Haha
I do have new led turn signals waiting to be installed though. Not sure when I be able to find the time to tackle that project.

Sent from an undisclosed location
 
Good to hear! I bought a can of Plasti-Dip to do the stock mirrors but decided against it. Do you think one can is enough to do both fenders?
 
One can should be enough, but if you want extra coverage or some in case of touch-ups I would grab a second can. Never hurts to have it around for other projects either.


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
Hint hint.. someone should do a plasti-dip pictoral for the How To section of the forum. I'm sure it would be of interest to many.
 
Back
Top