Black engine to silver engine

Desert,

No. The silver engines are not painted. The cylinders and cases are bare aluminum and the side and cam covers are clear coated. It would take an extraordinarily difficult process to change the color of the black engine and have it stick long term. I considered buying a black bike to get a 6 speed but I don't like the all black look so I was going to replace the side and cam covers with the parts from the delux to make it a two tone motor like the 2013 CB's. Cheers.

Chip
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
Desert,

No. The silver engines are not painted. The cylinders and cases are bare aluminum and the side and cam covers are clear coated. It would take an extraordinarily difficult process to change the color of the black engine and have it stick long term. I considered buying a black bike to get a 6 speed but I don't like the all black look so I was going to replace the side and cam covers with the parts from the delux to make it a two tone motor like the 2013 CB's. Cheers.

Chip
+1
 
Thread starter
I was hoping the black motor could be lightly bead blasted and also the wheels.....I can get a new 2013 for $7000 plus tax and license and then install the complete Whitehouse kit and the Wyvern 4 into 4 pipes.....I would sell the new take off parts to keep the overall cost at around $14,000...that was the plan anyway....
 
Desert viper_imp said:
I was hoping the black motor could be lightly bead blasted and also the wheels.....I can get a new 2013 for $7000 plus tax and license and then install the complete Whitehouse kit and the Wyvern 4 into 4 pipes.....I would sell the new take off parts to keep the overall cost at around $14,000...that was the plan anyway....
I too had a plan.....
Came in over budget but was a beauty and worth it.
 
Thread starter
I am well aware of your beautiful blue bike! You inspired me to do this...I know a lot of people say it needs spokes to be complete but I also wish you could use tubeless tires with them. I am selling my H-D XR1200X, my Aprilia RS250, and my RZ350 so I will have the money to do it right like you did. I just retired so I want to get rid of my carbureted bikes except for my ZRX1100....California gas is horrible...too much work cleaning pilot jets
 
Back
Top