Randy B
Road warrior
Thread starter
Well I have an issue that it seems that the dealer says isn't one.
Since getting my bike back after the repairs from my "accdident", I have a pulsation in the front brakes that was not there beforehand. Now I have taken it in and the did a run out check and said there was varying thicknesses on the rotors, but neither were bent at all. I can't believe that. The left caliper hit the ground with enough force to do this:
And you're going to tell me that wouldn't bend the rotor? I'm not buying it, but I guess I'm gonna have to.
The rotor needs to be replaced and I REFUSE to replace one and not the other. This will also necessitate the replacement of the brake pads at that time because, again, I will not use old pads on new rotors and vice versa.
So I looks like I'm looking at a $500 front brake job, and I might, while I'm at it, do the rear just so I have new brakes all around and that would make the parts bill close to $750. Crap.
Since getting my bike back after the repairs from my "accdident", I have a pulsation in the front brakes that was not there beforehand. Now I have taken it in and the did a run out check and said there was varying thicknesses on the rotors, but neither were bent at all. I can't believe that. The left caliper hit the ground with enough force to do this:
And you're going to tell me that wouldn't bend the rotor? I'm not buying it, but I guess I'm gonna have to.
The rotor needs to be replaced and I REFUSE to replace one and not the other. This will also necessitate the replacement of the brake pads at that time because, again, I will not use old pads on new rotors and vice versa.
So I looks like I'm looking at a $500 front brake job, and I might, while I'm at it, do the rear just so I have new brakes all around and that would make the parts bill close to $750. Crap.
