Birthday present for Tess

"Not having constant highway speeds" seems to be the key to lids with beaks. I tried an Icon Variant, loved the look and everything about it, but that damn visor would catch air on the interstate and ruin the ride.
 
Thread starter
So slow over here, it feels like your going backwards.......

9T's average mph for 1200 miles only 26
Prius 2 years 11000 miles is 16mph.

I miss hitting the highway and really going someplace for an afternoon.
 
I had an opportunity to work in the Bahamas for a two-year contract after doing 6 months on consultancy. The island had about 30 miles of road. After 6 months I was already island-happy...just couldn't bring myself to staying even though the money was good (and tax-free).
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
So slow over here, it feels like your going backwards.......

9T's average mph for 1200 miles only 26
Prius 2 years 11000 miles is 16mph.

I miss hitting the highway and really going someplace for an afternoon.
Good night...that's slower than I ride. :rolleyes:.

Seriously, 16 MPH ave for 11,000 miles? Is it because of traffic jams?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
So slow over here, it feels like your going backwards.......

9T's average mph for 1200 miles only 26
Prius 2 years 11000 miles is 16mph.

I miss hitting the highway and really going someplace for an afternoon.
Good night...that's slower than I ride. :rolleyes:.

Seriously, 16 MPH ave for 11,000 miles? Is it because of traffic jams?
No traffic jams really, sometimes mid-summer it takes me 5 or 10 minutes extra from the tourist lined up on Main St. Mostly it's just a top speed of around 30 most of the time. We have one 5 mile straight that's posted 45 but 50 is exceptable for the cops. I use this road for 2 miles of my 3 mile commute to work daily. All the short trips over here kills MPG too, my Prius only gets 33mpg down from 55. It's a plug-in so I actually averaging 121. :D
Zipping around at the normal 60-65 is 30 over most of the time...........
 
Guess you really could get by with a total electric car or motorcycle? Candidate for the new Harley Live Wire?
 
Thread starter
I almost got a Nissan leaf all electric but wanted the 50/50 in case work finds out I charge it here, Shhhhhhh
Electricity is 26 cents a KPH, almost equals the 5.12 per gallon of gas.
 
Your gas is $ 5:12? Gads. i filled up last night with Premium on my ST for $ 3.55/ gal.(reg was $3.25)

So how much do you figure it costs to charge your Prius overnight? Can't possibly be equal to $ 5.12 a gallon could it?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Your gas is $ 5:12? Gads. i filled up last night with Premium on my ST for $ 3.55/ gal.(reg was $3.25)

So how much do you figure it costs to charge your Prius overnight? Can't possibly be equal to $ 5.12 a gallon could it?
he was talking about the price of electricity, not gas. :P :thanks: :thanks: :biker:
 
"Electricity is 26 cents a KPH, almost equals the 5.12 per gallon of gas."


I thought he was talking about both???????

Elect 26 cents per kph. ........ Gas $ 5.12 per gallon
 
You're right...I read it wrong.....nuts.
 
Thread starter
Sorry all,
Yup $5.12 a gallon for super over here, 4.98 for reg.
What I'm saying is with the price of electric so high here you don't save much compared to running gas, even at $4.98.
I don't know what electric is elsewhere but I read about somewhere in California they are up in arms because it jumped to 9 cents an hour from 7?

One charge takes about 2 hours, so 52 cents and it's good for 12 miles.
I'm running 70% elect 30% gas
The cars gone 7953 miles on electric and 3292 on gas with a total of 90 gallons used.
It's used 1791kw total and saved 149.7 gallons of gas from it.
Last gas-up was in April, still have a half tank.
Only smart thing I've ever bought.............
 
Back
Top