Bill?s Old Bike Barn

KiowaEagle_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Took a ride out to Bloomsburg, PA today to visit Bill’s Old Bike Barn. I had heard about it before but had no idea what I was in for. It’s a museum of bikes of course but also just about anything you can think of. It’s like American Pickers on steroids! You could spend days in this place and still miss a lot of it. Might have to be a rally stop
ef0d3570a75f7f881ad3980f93bb3092.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Very interesting KE. What a place to visit, especially when you can't ride (like in the bowels of winter).

Looks almost like an ol' indoor shopping plaza (based upon the images only).
 
Very cool stuff. Don't see many AJS or Aerial street bikes in this country.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Very cool stuff. Don't see many AJS or Aerial street bikes in this country.
You would have to hang out with the vintage bike crowd to see old bikes like that.
The vintage club I belong to has several of each that run like they were new.
 
That is awesome. Thanks for sharing.
 
Thanks for taking the time put the photos together and sharing them with us. Very cool place.
 
Great post KE, would be a great place to visit. Did you ride in any rain yesterday?
I realize some of the bikes displayed fit the theme of the place as barn finds. Still great to view them. However, it drives me crazy when I saw the red Honda CA77 with the winged tank badge displayed backwards! I have seen several vintage Hondas, like on eBay, the same! Maybe i need to find a therapist to evaluate me to see if I am suffering from OCD.
 
Thread starter
I had light rain for a couple of hours on the way home. Not too bad. Nice test for my Joe Rocket pants. They come with a rain liner that I did not put in and they worked well without. I brought my Frog Togs to put over them just in case but never felt the need to put them on.
 
My first bike was a 56 AJS. It never ran worth a sh#t. Amal carbs and Lucus electrics. The coil was shot and over heated quickly. Man, I pushed that bike for miles. Check out the location of the big oil tank filler. Smash you knee every time you try to kick it over.
 
ever notice how old Brit bike engines all resemble each other

and old Italian bike engines do too?

shapes of cases, finning, etc
 
The ferret_imp said:
ever notice how old Brit bike engines all resemble each other

and old Italian bike engines do too?

shapes of cases, finning, etc
Yes. Japanese bikes are no exception, and come to think of it, 'merican big-Vs too.

It is wonderful.
 
What a cool collection! I love stumbling across places like that. Not too long ago, I was in Morgantown, staying at the Holiday Inn. There's a huge classic car consignment place in an old shopping mall attached to the hotel. I spent hours in there looking at every manner of car and truck imaginable. Had no idea it was there until someone mentioned it to me when I got to the hotel.
 
Back
Top