Bikes at Barber

use2b_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
so many to show so i will post a few at a time.
took a peek into the "not on display room and saw this V12 "
and a factory V8 that was on display
edited to say i found this video
 
Thread starter
I will try and group these pics in age brackets and exotics , bikes we normally never see or know they exist. a couple they needed a carpenter to build.
 
Thanks for sharing the photos and details. Very cool!

Haven't been there, so I need to make time to go next year.

Thanks again!
 
It is just so cool that examples of these early bikes were preserved/ restored for us to appreciate now.

Ray let me know when you are coming through and I may run down with you
 
Thread starter
the Captain America " Easy Rider " and a few early BMW's right click on the picture and if I know the year it will appear. the 1st BMW did not have the sideways boxer engine as we know it today , was so much to see and so little time.
the palm tree on the side car WW2 bike meant Africa corp = Rommel
 
The ferret_imp said:
It is just so cool that examples of these early bikes were preserved/ restored for us to appreciate now.

Ray let me know when you are coming through and I may run down with you
You really need to see this place ferret. Plan on more than one day to see it all. Plenty of nice local roads also.
 
Yes I do. NExt summer for sure. Wonder if any forum members live close to the place?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Yes I do. NExt summer for sure. Wonder if any forum members live close to the place?
don't live close but have VIP treatment with a brother who is an official at the track so i get in free and lodging is free.
going up for Indy cars in April...
couple pic's for the MG fans
 
I probably enjoyed my trip to Barber this time more than any of the previous ;)
Spent the most time in the museum than I had ever spent before. Checked out the new wing as good as could be done without actually being able to go in it.
The facility and the whole place is just a treasure and so well done and maintained, it's really something to be proud of.
The vintage races were amazing too.
My CB attracted lots of attention, comments, questions - everything you've come to expect. Barber is a pretty cool Mecca, and I understand there's some excellent roads near by. Maybe a place to consider a future rally ;)
 
Ok everyone, For those of you who have not made it to Barber, Put it on your calendar to go. I've gone and at that time I lived in California. It is simply beyond description of what you see and experience. I went during the Vintage Festival and would go again. There is just so much to take in and the grounds are so spread out you don't feel like you're at a ball game. If some of you are fortunate to live so close I would just buy a pass or it would be a great place to volunteer. There is no other place on earth you can see so many motorcycles from all over the world and the collection continues to grow. Russ
 
Back
Top