Bigger tank coming?

Jim_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
first, I have a 2014 standard black. I run the tank down pretty fast. I'm not bothered by the MPG; just wish I had more tank capacity. I guess the 2014 DLX model has a bigger tank, but I doubt I could buy one in black. I think they'd just be available in red- but maybe I'm wrong on that.

Like a lot of you I saw the pictures of 2016 concept CB1100 bikes. The pictures show a yellow bike and black bike. The yellow bike looks like it has an all new tank, and it looks bigger. Anybody know yet if that bike is going to be produced? I'd kind of like to get that tank. I'd even paint it if I had to.
 
The DLX tank will hold .7 gallon more than STD tank but the black on the DLX will have pearl and I think your's is solid black,also I think may have different fuel pump as well.. Make sure b4 you do anything..
 
Good point about the fuel pump, so I looked at the parts fiche and the part number is the same for the '14 std and '14 DLX. One less thing to worry about I guess.

Please don't take my word though, always verify.
 
Jim_imp said:
first, I have a 2014 standard black. I run the tank down pretty fast. I'm not bothered by the MPG; just wish I had more tank capacity. I guess the 2014 DLX model has a bigger tank, but I doubt I could buy one in black. I think they'd just be available in red- but maybe I'm wrong on that.

Like a lot of you I saw the pictures of 2016 concept CB1100 bikes. The pictures show a yellow bike and black bike. The yellow bike looks like it has an all new tank, and it looks bigger. Anybody know yet if that bike is going to be produced? I'd kind of like to get that tank. I'd even paint it if I had to.
Motorcycle News speculated that the tank on the concept bike is from the current CB1300
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the info- I guess if I can get the DLX tank in black that would be the safe way to go
 
Stuff a 1/2 gal bottle of fuel in your tail pack for emergencies and save $700 lol. The difference between the std tank and the dlx tank is 35 miles worth of gas on average.
 
Ferret, you're messing up my kickback from Mr. T :P
 
I thought about the bigger tank too but $735 for an extra 35 miles seems like an awful trade. And I find by the time I got the reserve it's a good time to stretch anyway!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Ferret's suggestion sounds good. I can buy a lot of fuel for $735!
 
There's always the whitehouse K10 tank + side cover option in black. It's a 4.7 gallon tank.

I'll let popgun post the link so he gets the kickback. :)
 
curlyjoe_imp said:
There's always the whitehouse K10 tank + side cover option in black. It's a 4.7 gallon tank.

I'll let popgun post the link so he gets the kickback. :)
:rofl:

I guess I have to go get the link now. :D
CB1100 K10 Kit | Samurider.com

Here are all the K10 tanks. They even have an unpainted one.
 
gbpack89_imp said:
I thought about the bigger tank too but $735 for an extra 35 miles seems like an awful trade. And I find by the time I got the reserve it's a good time to stretch anyway!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Those are my thoughts too.
Very little gain for a lot of money.
 
Back
Top