BIG DISSAPOINTMENT FOR THE CB 1100 FUTURE

VALK1_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I have been reading this forum for the past 6 day's. I have read every post ( almost ) every post about the CB 1100 good bad or ugly I soaked it all in. I had a brand new CB 750 in 1972 it was a great bike. I currently own a 98 VALKYRIE which is a great bike also and I would never sell it. I watched several you tube videos of the CB 1100 and was impressed to say the least. The bike looks fantastic and I was very excited about it . I spoke to my wife about it and she to was excited for me also. I went to HALL'S MOTORSPORTS in MOBILE AL to look at and possibly purchase one and was informed by them that Honda has chose to discontinue this motorcycle. I was shocked to hear that after only in production for less than two years this bike would be scrapped from Honda's line up. The bike seems perfect for a lot of people. I had exhaust picked out along with several accessories that I wanted for this bike. WOW what a shame to loose such a great motorcycle.
 
I'd want to confirm that with other sources (not that I have any, lol) before I believed it to be true.
By the way, Honda has been producing the CB1100 since 2010 and are still selling the bike in countries other than the USA. They only happened to sell it here for two years.
 
First off welcome to the forum. Secondly I doubt that Halls knows any more than any other dealer since Honda does not release model information to dealers. They generally find out when we do, and sometimes we find out before they do. I told my dealer they were coming in 2013 and he didnt believe me as he had no such info. I believe your dealership is mistaken. BTW there are 2016 CBs being sold in Canada and we have a member with one. The CB has been in production since 2010 and Honda showed up with 3 new prototypes at shows this fall, including a new one that just showed up this week. In this country, some 2014 standards are still available, but the 2014 DLXs sold out rather quickly. In the US we probably wont see any more CB's until the warehouses are cleared out, but once they are, I expect we will see limited releases of CB1100s here, as well as continued releases in other countries.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
First off welcome to the forum. Secondly I doubt that Halls knows any more than any other dealer since Honda does not release model information to dealers. They generally find out when we do, and sometimes we find out before they do. I told my dealer they were coming in 2013 and he didnt believe me as he had no such info. I believe your dealership is mistaken. BTW there are 2016 CBs being sold in Canada and we have a member with one. The CB has been in production since 2010 and Honda showed up with 3 new prototypes at shows this fall, including a new one that just showed up this week. In this country, some 2014 standards are still available, but the 2014 DLXs sold out rather quickly. In the US we probably wont see any more CB's until the warehouses are cleared out, but once they are, I expect we will see limited releases of CB1100s here, as well as continued releases in other countries.
I truly hope they bring it back. I will be buying one asap if that happens. Until then all I can do is hope.
 
The bike is currently not being sold here, causes us to be able to get a great deal on them. Just wait around, and not own one, lose out on the fun they are. Buy one now and enjoy a great, fun motorcycle. I don't have other ones around where I live, and I like that. They are not going away, but you can pay almost double when it is rereleased to the US. I can find other things to do with my money.
 
A lot of dealers around the country still have brand new '14s available at discount prices. No need to wait if you really want one.

One of my local dealers sells one of these every month or so, then orders another from the warehouse to replace it.
 
There are new 2013s and 2014s still available, not to mention many lightly used ones. Not sure why you're stuck in "hoping mode" when you could be in full "realization mode". Enjoy the forum and, hopefully, the bike.
 
Yeah, I think the Honda Goldwing Valkyrie was the same. They released 2014-2015 models and not many people bought them as they had hoped. I'm not sure we'll ever see either of these again.
 
Look on cycle trader,I see one in Arkansas,a bunch at different dealers in Fl, and a bunch more scattered at dealers around the country.The price will never be lower unless maybe there's still some left in Nov.,good bike,good prices,good value,good availability,worldwide market that may appreciate the platform more than the average American buyer,I expect them to be around for decades with good parts availability.My opinion.
 
Thread starter
I would like to drive this bike first. But that is not a deal breaker. I was told their are no deluxe models to be had. I really wanted the deluxe CB 1100. I will make some calls Monday and try to find one. I have a trailer so I would be able to pick it up myself once we made a deal on the bike. Does anyone on the forum live close to MOBILE AL and own one of these beautiful machines so I can look at it up close. Thanks for any help.
 
VALK1, if you must have a new DLX, I don't believe there are any more to be had in the US, although I base that only on what I read here.

However, 3 excellent looking and only slightly used DLXs have been mentioned here in the past 3 or so weeks. So, if you're prepared to watch and pounce you may well get lucky.

If it's a new CB1100 you must be having, I fear the standard model is it. The good news is that it's available in any color you want as long as its black (or red if you can find a 2013) As noted earlier in this thread, they are, apparently, still available in the USA.
 
Nothing wrong with buying one used.........I too wanted a deluxe .....I found mine in Phoenix but more importantly the previous owner, GRISO GUY (Mark), and I have become great friends....
 
VALK1, as others already mentioned, you can still get the standard 2014 brand new. Most dealers offer $1000 off immediately, but if you shop around you should be able to get $2000 off MSRP. I got mine several months ago and love it.

Like you, I really really wanted a Deluxe. Not for any of the added features, I just wanted a RED Honda. Then I finally "settled" for the Standard and I have to admit, I really like the black better. I've seen several Deluxe models since, and the black Standard is a prettier bike. I know that's subjective, but still. Take a look at one in person, you could change your mind too.

That said, right after I got it, I saw several used Deluxe models (Texas area) with very minimal mileage. I even saw a new Deluxe 2013 model north of Austin, but the dealer wanted full MSRP on that one. Keep looking, there are good deals out there.
 
Cycle trader lists at least one deluxe in Huntsville, Alabama. Shows a used one with a little over 1000 miles in Paw Paw, Michigan.
 
Ragtopme_imp said:
Cycle trader lists at least one deluxe in Huntsville, Alabama. Shows a used one with a little over 1000 miles in Paw Paw, Michigan.
What search criteria are you using? I don't see any Deluxes or any CB1100 in Huntsville.
 
Back
Top