Big Day Tomorrow

Glad it went well and most hospitals do very well with alleviating pain if you let them know . I was a bit of a complainer so i was so happy i didn't want to leave .....besides with my daughter an RN i got extra food and pampering :thumbsup:
 
More good wishes from Down Under, W/R. Hope your recovery proceeds well.
 
Thread starter
Thanks everyone, I truly appreciate all the goodwill - especially as we are for the most part all strangers.

I am receiving excellent care but the absolute best part (so far that it) was waking up from the surgery with no leg pain. Hopefully once everything settles at the actual surgical site on my back I will get the same results there.

For my part I am planning some MC trips next year. As of now I have this
-Jun, Laconia Bike Week
-10 days in Jul/Aug Sudbury On to see my old riding partner and very good friend. He is in a wheelchair nowbut still rides a Spyder, dates just haven't been firmed up yet.

Sooo, where is it looking like the CB1100 rally will land this summer?
 
Good news W/R. I truly believe that positive thinking and actions always benefits the recovery process, like you are displaying.
 
Banned_imp said:
Thanks everyone, I truly appreciate all the goodwill - especially as we are for the most part all strangers.

I am receiving excellent care but the absolute best part (so far that it) was waking up from the surgery with no leg pain. Hopefully once everything settles at the actual surgical site on my back I will get the same results there.

For my part I am planning some MC trips next year. As of now I have this
-Jun, Laconia Bike Week
-10 days in Jul/Aug Sudbury On to see my old riding partner and very good friend. He is in a wheelchair nowbut still rides a Spyder, dates just haven't been firmed up yet.

Sooo, where is it looking like the CB1100 rally will land this summer?
Nope..just fellow motorcyclists and friends who have not met each other yet
 
The ferret_imp said:
Banned_imp said:
Thanks everyone, I truly appreciate all the goodwill - especially as we are for the most part all strangers.

I am receiving excellent care but the absolute best part (so far that it) was waking up from the surgery with no leg pain. Hopefully once everything settles at the actual surgical site on my back I will get the same results there.

For my part I am planning some MC trips next year. As of now I have this
-Jun, Laconia Bike Week
-10 days in Jul/Aug Sudbury On to see my old riding partner and very good friend. He is in a wheelchair nowbut still rides a Spyder, dates just haven't been firmed up yet.

Sooo, where is it looking like the CB1100 rally will land this summer?
Nope..just fellow motorcyclists and friends who have not met each other yet
Nope..just fellow motorcyclists and friends who have not met each other yet
Well said, and a good take on the Irish quote by Yeats, "There are no strangers here, just friends we haven't met yet."
Good news on the surgery. Heal well and fast :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
The pain is slightly worse today but the Dr says that is normal so I'll roll with. Because of this the Dr has bumped up my pain medication which has now resulted in mild hallucinations.

So if I say anything a little bit different don't be alarmed.

Winston
 
Banned_imp said:
The pain is slightly worse today but the Dr says that is normal so I'll roll with. Because of this the Dr has bumped up my pain medication which has now resulted in mild hallucinations.

So if I say anything a little bit different don't be alarmed.

Winston
You might even ride faster in your "dreams"
 
w/r I merged your threads. Lets just keep adding to this one rather than a new thread for every day lol

Hang in there bud, good pain meds get you thru this kind of stuff
 
I hope you're able to get off the pain meds quickly too. I remember being on them along time ago and having hallucinations which were too real for comfort.
 
Banned_imp said:
The pain is slightly worse today but the Dr says that is normal so I'll roll with. Because of this the Dr has bumped up my pain medication which has now resulted in mild hallucinations.

So if I say anything a little bit different don't be alarmed.

Winston
Your body went through a lot of pain and stress during the operation while you were asleep. It is not unusual when injured not to feel the pain until later.

In a hockey game I got hit from behind. Both of us went down, and I fell on his upturned skate. I was in pain and lay on the ice a bit. When I got back to the bench I skipped a shift, but then played to the end of the game. After the game we closed a neighbourhood restaurant after hours of pizza and beer. The next day I could not get out of bed with the severe pain of a cracked rib.

If your pain killers are that strong, be prepared for the shakes a day or two after you stop taking them. I had a gall bladder attack and had to take 1 milligram of hydromorphone for a couple of days. A day later my hands and feet started to shake while I was having a bowl of soup. It scared me, until I realized it withdrawal symptoms.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
w/r I merged your threads. Lets just keep adding to this one rather than a new thread for every day lol

Hang in there bud, good pain meds get you thru this kind of stuff
My apologies, I certainly wasn't trying to confuse anyone by having multiple threads about subject.

I'll go back to being quiet now.
 
No need to be quiet, W/R, particularly if it helps your recovery along.
 
Banned_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
w/r I merged your threads. Lets just keep adding to this one rather than a new thread for every day lol

Hang in there bud, good pain meds get you thru this kind of stuff
My apologies, I certainly wasn't trying to confuse anyone by having multiple threads about subject.

I'll go back to being quiet now.
Up at midnight posting. :huh:

Best get some rest. Any hospital that I have been in wakes everyone at dawn to medicate them.
 
Back
Top